Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

MrSinatra

Exclamation SBS not a service anymore? 7.5.x?

i am using 7.5.4 r32224

you should be able to have the system run SBS WITHOUT having someone login. i can not get this to work. in slimtray control panel, the dropdown box is there, but it won't "stick" to the choice of "Automatically Run at System Start" even though i "apply" it.

i assume i would not need to enter a user pword combo there since i am trying to run SBS as a system service across the whole machine, independent of a user login. but that doesn't work either.

is this broken? am i doing something wrong? whats the fix?

No, I don't think it's broken in 7.5.4 but I have seen that same problem before in the Control Panel. Try stopping the server, closing the Control Panel, then open it up again.

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    No, I don't think it's broken in 7.5.4 but I have seen that same problem before in the Control Panel. Try stopping the server, closing the Control Panel, then open it up again.
    Control panel = nuts.

MrSinatra
    i probably should have mentioned that i don't see the service listed where all the other services are, such as mysql.

i think something is wrong with the software, or at least this install, but i didn't do anything unusual to the install.

If you are on Vista or Windows 7 remember to start the Control Panel app as an administrator; right click on "Control Panel" in Start Menu and choose "Run as administrator"

Otherwise it will not work, and no error message is shown.
    Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B
    Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD+ 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9.0 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

hi

when I upgraded from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 about a week ago, I had a hard time getting the SBServer service to change to automatic startup type on WHSv1. No problems with mySQL service.
    Some version of LMS running on a HP EX490 home server
    SBReceiver --> NAD C162 / C272 --> DALI IKON 6