Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    I do agree.

For those of us who do switch servers often adding the feature to place "switch to MySB.com" on the Home Menu has made this switching even simpler.
    Unfortunately, this option does not appear to be available for the SB Radio.

As a result, switching from SBS to MySB.com is a right royal pain.

Quote Originally Posted by juuhan View Post
    Unfortunately, this option does not appear to be available for the SB Radio.

As a result, switching from SBS to MySB.com is a right royal pain.

It is indeed available on the Radio, I use it regularly.
    Connect Radio to SBS server, now make the suggested Home Menu change, the last item on the Home Menu is now "switch to MySqueezeBox.com" (MySB).
    This menu item will NOT appear if player is currently connected to MySB as this would be redundant because the player is already connected to MySB.

In fact, it was specifically during the Radio beta testing that this feature was requested and added.
    Last edited by toby10; 2011-04-04 at 05:06.

Well i'll be damned! There it is!!

Thanks Toby10, my quality-of-life just got a whole lot better

Now why didn't somebody tell me about this sooner?

Personally i'm getting pretty frustrated with Logitech. You can not explain any normal customer why the hell the device is upgrading and downgrading its firmware all the time. My sister made me come over because her SB is acting weird. Second I need to visit this forum to find out what the problem really is. A forum I only know to exist because I bought my SB's before the take over. third, the 7.5.4 version cannot be installed via Debian repositories because of size mismatch and the OSX version is very unstable. I bought my first SB when it was only available in the states. I did because I liked the product (at least of what I read about it) but also because I have great respect for entrepreneurs who come up with innovative ideas and make it happen. This romance got lost with the take over by Logitech, so these people at Logitech better do their absolute best to make happy customers. Maybe I should by Sonos. Just too many problems

They would have been better biting the bullet and reverting to 7.5.2 than rushing out a fix for the disaster that was 7.5.3 and then finding more problems with it than leaving us in limbo with a broken 7.5.3 as the production SBS release, a quick-fixed 7.5.4 on MySB that isn't production-ready for SBS yet, and a myriad of firmware revisions depending on what hardware you're running.

Just look at how many threads there are on the exact same subject and people fed up with changing firmware versions every time they switch between one source and the other and it becomes very readily apparent what a complete shambles this is.