Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

No longer fading in - WTF??

All of a sudden, my SBR won't fade in, even though it is clearly set up to do so. So, now my alarm music kicks in at 100% volume.

Anyone know how to fix this???

Maybe it's taken on your idea of grabbing attention.

It'll be swearing next.

I am experiencing the same problem....
    Previous week i reinstalled Squeezeboxserver, and got an update for my radio.
    Since then the alarm kicks in at full (alarm) volume.

Nobody else that has the same problem??

Lightbulb

Come to think of it, yes. The alarm on my Radio actually doesn't fade in anymore, even though it's set do to so in SBS.

SBS 7.6.0 - r32277, Radio 7.6.0-r9405.
    Alarm plays random songs (FLAC/MP3) from local library.

As you can see I'm running beta. If anyone running 7.5.3 or 7.5.4 (or some other non-beta version) can confirm the problem, I think it's time for a bugzilla ticket.

EDIT 2011-04-15: Now I'm confused. This morning it faded in. I can't exclude the possibility that I've been mispercieving things through my morning drowsiness. Plz disregard this entire post. :P
    Last edited by Soulkeeper; 2011-04-15 at 03:35.

Mine started fading in again. I don't know if the firware update fixed it or not. As a programmer, it really bugs me when devices appear to operate randomly. Their behavior should be predictable, but not so with this thing.

Maybe the firmware did fix it. From the release notes:

Alarm Clock Improvements

Alarm sounds will now start at low volume and slowly increase. The alarm sound fade-in feature did not work in 7.5.0. For Squeezebox Server users only and applicable to all Squeezeboxes. Additional improvements for MySqueezebox.com users in version r9009.

Sorry to zombiefy this old thread - but I am facing this issue again in my Environment. I currently have a 7.9 nightly build running and Alarm kicks in with 100%. As there are no Firmware updates available for squeezebox Radio this probably is a Server issue.
    Any ideas for that?

Cheers,
    Flo