Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,042
    I'm not sure if this helps but there is a wiki page about adding support for Chinese on the newer Squeezebox models:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...our_Controller

    I thought Chinese was supported on the old models by default, but I've probably interpreted some forum messages incorrectly. If no one else who knows for sure spots this thread, it might be worth to check if the latest 7.5.4 release contains something more than the old 6.5.4 release.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

  2. #32
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    I'm not sure if this helps but there is a wiki page about adding support for Chinese on the newer Squeezebox models:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...our_Controller

    I thought Chinese was supported on the old models by default, but I've probably interpreted some forum messages incorrectly. If no one else who knows for sure spots this thread, it might be worth to check if the latest 7.5.4 release contains something more than the old 6.5.4 release.
    There have been changes in firmware for SB3/2 boom since 6.5.4 so using a never server version like 7.5.4 as template migth be a good idea, migth explain why never softsqueeze behves even more bizarre for you, if it tries to emulate a never version of player fw.

    You now that there is often a new fw release with each server version.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,410

    Help me write a custom SqueezeServer

    The standard server uses two fonts - the bitmap one for most of the first
    256 characters and then a TTF one for unicode characters - these are
    selected on a per character basis so a mixed string is a merge of characters
    from each of the two fonts. You may want to read the perl code in
    Slim:isplay::Libs::Fonts.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: ScottM
    Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:02 PM
    To: developers (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Help me write a custom SqueezeServer


    OK, I'm going slightly insane. I have working code that does pretty much
    everything I want (which is admittedly a subset of what other people
    would want). I'm at the neatening, tweaking and thinking about porting
    to Linux stage. Just one more major issue to crack... the font to be
    used on the SB Classic's display.

    I really, really want a font with good unicode support, so that people
    have a shot of displaying their Chinese or Arabic song titles. But I
    also want a font that's large enough to be seen clearly across a room
    on that 32 pixel high display. So far, nothing I've tried is even close
    to as readable as the original squeezebox font (as included in the 6.5.4
    server). But that font stops at U+00FF. It won't even handle European
    languages, let alone Asia.

    Anyone got a good solution for this?


    --
    ScottM
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ScottM's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=40224
    View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86418


  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I really, really want a font with good unicode support, so that people have a shot of displaying their Chinese or Arabic song titles. But I also want a font that's large enough to be seen clearly across a room on that 32 pixel high display. So far, nothing I've tried is even close to as readable as the original squeezebox font (as included in the 6.5.4 server). But that font stops at U+00FF. It won't even handle European languages, let alone Asia.

    Anyone got a good solution for this?
    You probably should not look at the bitmap font solution in SqueezeBox Server as it will just get you started down a slippery slope. If you want unicode support, get a graphics library that can render unicode strings from TTF fonts to a bitmap canvas. Then draw on the display based on the contents of the canvas. That's what I did in Dwite. It was easy too, thanks to the excellent Python Imaging Library.

    From an aesthetic point of view, monochrome rendering of TTF fonts is so-so. You'll have to spend some time finding a "blocky" font that doesn't look jagged in monochrome. Let me know if you find one so I can use it too :-)

    BR / Klas

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27
    http://ikrast.game-host.org/Squeezeinator/

    At the moment it contains only documentation, but it documents what I have working, on Windows and Linux. Source will be released as there's interest, and once I'm convinced the code is bug-free.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    http://ikrast.game-host.org/Squeezeinator/

    At the moment it contains only documentation, but it documents what I have working, on Windows and Linux. Source will be released as there's interest, and once I'm convinced the code is bug-free.
    I can't find your host right now. I am very interested !!!

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27
    Sorry - new host name. Try

    http://ikrast.dyndns-at-home.com/Squ...ezeinator3.zip

    Note - since I posted this and got little interest, I went on to customize the code further. It's now tied to my home automation system and as such, you will probably need to wade into the code and chop out things you don't care about.

    It's packed up as a Microsoft Visual Studio project (look for the .sln file), but at one time at least, I was able to compile and run the code under Linux. The DotDot directory contains headers that you will need, but the .sln file doesn't refer to them with the correct paths, so this will not build as is; but getting it to build should not be hard.

    I use this code daily, and it is very stable. However, there's no web interface, and the CLI interface is not the same as Logitech's. To use it, you are committing to writing your own applications to interface with it. That's not trivial. But if you have certain requirements (high stability, a CLI which will never change unless you want it to, low memory and CPU use) it may all be worth it.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    Tremendous, thank you very much, I'ÚÚ have to dig into your code (I don't really like perl and it will certainly be better with your code for me, so I could maybe complete squezed : http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-squeezeCenter ).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •