Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Angry Is my Squeezebox 'bricked'?

I have a squeezebox 3 which is currently useless. After my installing slimserver 7.5.3 it is requesting a software update which I duly initiate. It then stops with the error message UPDATE_BEGIN:BAD STATE
    and then freezes. I have restored factory settings but the error message still returns. Any ideas how to overcome this?

Rod

Try installing Squeezebox Server 7.5.2 (a downgrade), then do a factory reset again and see what happens.

Mushroom 3

Not really an option as I have another SB3 which is OK and a Transporter also. I run triode's plugin for Spotify which needs 7.5.3 so I am hoping that there is a fix for my problematical unit which doesn't involve regressing the latest version of slimserver

Rod

I've seen that message before. I think I did an xilinx reset and then hit the brightness button to reload the firmware.

Ghost rider

I do not know anything about xilinx how would I access and use such a product on my SB 3?

Thanks for your help

Rod

xilinx is a chip that is in your SB3. To reset it, unplug your Squuezebox, press and hold "1" on the remote control, then plug the SB back in while holding down the "1" button.

Thanks guys reset did the trick . Excellent help on this forum

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by golfingrodders View Post
    Thanks guys reset did the trick . Excellent help on this forum

Rod
    Glad you got it working, sorry about the lack of detail.