Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Does it know when I come into the room? How?!

Right, after my last (and first) post being a techy one, this one is a bit less so...
    I'm not 100% sure, but it certainly seems like my squeezebox turns on (or the light gets brighter on the clock at least) whenever I walk in the room. How does it know?! Or is it just that it goes up and down randomly and just feels like it knows?

I've tried googling but not come up with much...

Quote Originally Posted by -rob- View Post
    Right, after my last (and first) post being a techy one, this one is a bit less so...
    I'm not 100% sure, but it certainly seems like my squeezebox turns on (or the light gets brighter on the clock at least) whenever I walk in the room. How does it know?! Or is it just that it goes up and down randomly and just feels like it knows?

I've tried googling but not come up with much...
    The brightness is linked to an ambient light sensor...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.