Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

squeezebox server on dlink dns 320

i ve installed squeezebox server on my dlink dns 320 with funplug

I am trying to configure the "Music Folder" in squeezecenter. When I use the browse button I can see the subdirectories under ffp(i cant browse outside of ffp directory). The directory that contains my music is at the same level as ffp (under Volume_1). Could someone explain me how to point to a directory outside ffp (or direct me to a reading). Thank you

just to let people know that squeeze center works very well on
    dlink dns-320 accessing songs only takes a couple of seconds.
    and the install was easy .

and the cost is cheap picked up nas for ú65 and 2x1TB hard disk ú82 from

ebuyer .

cheers ian

installed this 1st "http://www.shadowandy.net/2010/11/dns-320-making-fun_plug-and-old-packages-work.htm"

then this "http://www.inreto.de/dns323/squeezecenter-funplug/7.5.3/"

Cheers Mossy.

Using the DLINK320 can you not run the SBS using UPnP?? Do you need any other software application?

RooKie.

SBS _is_ the other software application, and yes, you do need it. UPnP only will not suffice.

The good news is that it looks like mossy has already blazed the trail for you for installing SBS on the DNS-320, and the better news is that it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    i ve installed squeezebox server on my dlink dns 320 with funplug

I am trying to configure the "Music Folder" in squeezecenter. When I use the browse button I can see the subdirectories under ffp(i cant browse outside of ffp directory). The directory that contains my music is at the same level as ffp (under Volume_1). Could someone explain me how to point to a directory outside ffp (or direct me to a reading). Thank you
    Hi,how did you do,i have the same problem,how will i add my music folder?

Hi, can you install a newer Version on your DNS-320? I tried to install the 7.5.4 but I have only empty folders. I got always the message that perl and mysql is required
    Fun plug is installed.