Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unhappy can't install SSOTS via QPKG after firmware 3.3.9 build 120 QNAP YS-110

I always had trouble running Squeezebox server on my TS-110, I had to restart it about once a week. I hoped to see improvement with the new firmware but now I can not install SSOTS anymore, it stalls at 45 %.
    I have tried every SSOTS version I could get my hands on and also te move back to the latest firmware, wich did not work either.
    Any help will be highly apreciated

Quote Originally Posted by BertdeJong View Post
    I always had trouble running Squeezebox server on my TS-110, I had to restart it about once a week. I hoped to see improvement with the new firmware but now I can not install SSOTS anymore, it stalls at 45 %.
    I have tried every SSOTS version I could get my hands on and also te move back to the latest firmware, wich did not work either.
    Any help will be highly apreciated
    I'm afraid I can't help you troubleshoot your problem, other than to add a word of ecouragement. I installed SSOTS on my TS-110 using QPKG and my server has been running flawlessly for months. It never needs reset. It even reboots itself flawlessly after a power failure. I followed the instructions on the QNAP site. I was pretty worried since I didn't understand a thing about what it told me to do, but in the end it worked fine. Unfortunately, I don't know how this helps you, other than maybe to know it can be made to work. If you need me to check on versions of SSOTS , SBS or whatever tonight, let me know.

Hopefully someone that can be more helpful will jump in...

Terry

I have the following configuration:
    QNAP firmware: 3.3.1 Build 0720T
    SSOTS release 4.8
    SBS Version: 7.5.1 - r30836

This has been working well for me.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TerryS View Post
    I have the following configuration:
    QNAP firmware: 3.3.1 Build 0720T
    SSOTS release 4.8
    SBS Version: 7.5.1 - r30836

This has been working well for me.

Terry
    I am running firmware 3.3.9 build 120 and ssots 4.9.1
    I always try to use the latest versions, has worked for me so far

Quote Originally Posted by BertdeJong View Post
    I am running firmware 3.3.9 build 120 and ssots 4.9.1
    I always try to use the latest versions, has worked for me so far
    I'm the opposite. Once I get something working well, I don't upgrade just because there is a newer version available, unless there is some reason for me to upgrade. The versions I listed are the versions that were available when I purchased my Touch and NAS, and it has worked for me since then. I don't think I will upgrade anything until some major revision comes out and is shown to be stable and offer significant benefits. I may upgrade to SBS 7.6 if and when it is ever released, after waiting a while to see if a lot of users report issues with it (see all of the threads on 7.5.3 issues).

I work with a bunch of software developers, and it is pretty clear that nothing they release is ever bug free. The best you can hope for is a reasonable amount of stability.
    I hate sytems (like Windows) that force upgrades on you whether you want them or not.

Good luck with your system. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know, but unfortunately, I know next to nothing about Linux.

Terry