Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

confusing music scan results after upgrade to 7.5.3

In my music collection (FLAC files ripped from real CD's with dBpoweramp) there are many artists that are covering each other's songs. After upgrading from squeezecenter 7.5.1 to 7.5.3 I did a rescan of my music. Now the covers appear as CD's under the composers. Huh? I'll try an example: Artist A has a CD C with a song S that is composed by artist B. Now under artist B, the CD C appears (including cover art) with 1 track: S. This did not happen in 7.5.1 and I did not change any setting.

Now comes they weird part: this behavior shows up on the Duet Controller and in Squeezeplay Beta (software player on my PC), but NOT in the Squeezecenter web interface ?!? Anyway, if this is an intended new feature, I do not like it. Anyone knows how to disable it? It makes a mess off my music collection. I cannot find something like "ignore composer" in the Squeezecenter settings.

Unfortunately I am running Squeezecenter on a Synology NAS. I tried to get direct support from Logitech (in The Netherlands) for similar problems in the past, but they do not support the Synology package.

I still love the Squeezebox, but it is a troublesome relationship. It has never been very stable. Every 3-6 months something like this happens. I never upgrade if things run fine, but 7.5.1 used to crash every 7-10 days and Synology Support, although very faithful in responding to support requests, could not fix that. Should I move to a ReadyNAS? Or Windows Home Server? Or … ? Opinions welcome. I have no objections to any OS, but it should run on low-power hardware, I want it on 24/7. The Synology DS 107+ 128MB consumes 10 Watts.

cheers, Willem
    Last edited by willemb2; 2011-02-03 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by willemb2 View Post
    In my music collection (FLAC files ripped from real CD's with dBpoweramp) there are many artists that are covering each other's songs. After upgrading from squeezecenter 7.5.1 to 7.5.3 I did a rescan of my music. Now the covers appear as CD's under the composers. Huh? I'll try an example: Artist A has a CD C with a song S that is composed by artist B. Now under artist B, the CD C appears (including cover art) with 1 track: S. This did not happen in 7.5.1 and I did not change any setting.

Now comes they weird part: this behavior shows up on the Duet Controller and in Squeezeplay Beta (software player on my PC), but NOT in the Squeezecenter web interface ?!? Anyway, if this is an intended new feature, I do not like it. Anyone knows how to disable it? It makes a mess off my music collection. I cannot find something like "ignore composer" in the Squeezecenter settings.
    This is a known bug. As you indicate, it only shows up on controller/squeezeplay but not webUI. There is a setting for including or not including songs composed by the artist, in SbS settings, but you probably have this set (this the right behavior in Web UI). But this setting somehow doesn't affect the controller/squeezeplay.

... After upgrading from squeezecenter 7.5.1 to 7.5.3 I did a rescan of my music. ...
    Maybe there is something not working right with the synology package squeezeboxserver. Two days ago I've performed an upgrade - to be honest, an upgrade wasn't possible, I'd to uninstall 7.5.1 and installed 7.5.3. The difference now is, that there is no scanner log available and no status information about the last scan. The result of the scan seems to be correct. I use iPeng app on my iPod touch to drive my SBs and with 7.5.3 iPeng has become really slow.
    ASUS P6-P5G41E W10 x64 20H2 | 8.1.0 - 1608700893 | 5 SB Radios FW 8.0.1-r16815 | 1 SB Receiver | Squeeze Ctrl 2.1.8

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    This is a known bug.
    Do you mean that it is filed on http://bugs.slimdevices.com/ ? Which ID? I cannot find it.

Unfortunately I am running Squeezecenter on a Synology NAS. I tried to get direct support from Logitech (in The Netherlands) for similar problems in the past, but they do not support the Synology package.

I still love the Squeezebox, but it is a troublesome relationship. It has never been very stable. Every 3-6 months something like this happens. I never upgrade if things run fine, but 7.5.1 used to crash every 7-10 days and Synology Support, although very faithful in responding to support requests, could not fix that. Should I move to a ReadyNAS? Or Windows Home Server? Or ů ? Opinions welcome. I have no objections to any OS, but it should run on low-power hardware, I want it on 24/7. The Synology DS 107+ 128MB consumes 10 Watts.

cheers, Willem
    I am having the same problem, if I look at Paul McCartney the Hard Days Night is listed there because he is a "Composer" on some of the songs. I would like to ignore composer. I could go back and delete composer for all music but I REALLY don't want to do that, a lot of work and I might want that tag to be populated later

Here it is: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13284
    Pls. vote. Weird these old functional bugs NEVER gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by vrelits View Post
    Here it is: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13284
    Pls. vote. Weird these old functional bugs NEVER gets fixed.
    Thanks. I voted.