Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Smile Sumoh TinyAmp S30

Thanks to the combined efforts of Post Danmark and An Post, I am now listening to Smooth Jazz on my SR via a wonderful little Sumoh TinyAmp S30. I am currently trying it on an SR in the study, playing though an old pair of Morduant Short speakers (previously driven by an old NAD C320) prior to final installation in the bedroom with some Proficient C610 speakers. So far, I am very impressed. The TinyAmp has power outputs at both 9v and 5v (for the Classic), is connected by S/PDIF and is an absolute doddle to set up - true plug and play. It came with everything you'd need: Mains cable (continental plug) dc power cable for Classic, and two for the Receiver (0.18m and 0.45m) S/PDIF cables (0.22m and 0.5m) banana connectors.

It's a very neat looking amplifier, too

Had to contact them directly by email (they're not selling on the web yet) paid by euro bank transfer (free and painless) and my dealings with them have been entirely satisfactory.

I must admit that I have had my eyes on one of these for a while. I've been waiting for them to start selling them via the web.

V jealous!

Rhyan

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by robert6920 View Post
    Thanks to the combined efforts of Post Danmark and An Post, I am now listening to Smooth Jazz on my SR via a wonderful little Sumoh TinyAmp S30.

It's a very neat looking amplifier, too

Had to contact them directly by email (they're not selling on the web yet) paid by euro bank transfer (free and painless) and my dealings with them have been entirely satisfactory.
    Robert, you're not getting into the spirit of things. You do know you are not allowed post around here unless it is to gripe about something or other?

Glad you're enjoying your system:-) I'll have a look at the Sumoh.

cheers, kesey

P.S. Have a listen to Classic and Jazz Paris: http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...9&partnerId=16

Robert,
    I got my Sumoh yesterday. It works fine with my Classic but does not with my Duet. The power is 9V for the Duet I know. The cabling is also correct. Before the Duet runs with at an analog amplifier.
    Do I need to activate the digital output at the receiver anyhow? Could you imagine what my problem could be?
    Thanks, Bernd

I have been looking for an amplifier similar to this for a long time, so I could add zones to my whole-house digital music system.

I am having trouble locating an amplifier with the following characteristics:

100 watts output per channel
    single digital input
    2 speaker output
    volume control
    controllable via serial rs232 or ethernet IP.
    price near $300

Is anybody aware of such an amp? In all my main zones I have bought Marantz SR6001 because the main zones are all 5.1 (good for watching movies). It is just the other zones like hallways, garage, etc where I need an amp like this. If anybody could help, please advise. Thanks!

Does this amp work with the touch?
    How do you adjust bass/treble etc as it doesn't seem to have any external controls!

Cheers

Interested In Sumoh

I've also been looking for ages to find an amp that I can attach to my classic in the kitchen but want to put the amp and speakers out of sight on top of the cupboards, therefore need an amp that will turn on and off automatically. the audio source amp 100 would be perfect but I cannot find a way to get one over here with paying double the price.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the Sumoh S30 when you dealt direct with them.

Alternatively, these T-amp's look nice and small and neat, does anyone know if any of these have an auto on/off capability ?

Cheers,

Will.

Quote Originally Posted by wrowe View Post
    Alternatively, these T-amp's look nice and small and neat, does anyone know if any of these have an auto on/off capability ?
    I'm no expert on T-amps, but from what I've read they draw very little electricity when not in use (or even when in use!), so a lot of people with them don't worry about turning them off to save the 1-2w draw.