Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have exactly the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by balbs View Post
    I had exactly the same problem and Im convinced there is some sort of problem with the boom when its been off for a while (Ive seen a few other problems reported of the unit appearing to go dead like this) - if the unit has power getting to it (front panel lights ok for example) definitely try the firmware button. I would be interested if this solved it for you.
    ----------
    I have exactly the same problem, and my Boom is well out of warranty. Did anyone discover how to make the now dead unit alive?

Any news around here from a hardware freak?

I've started to disassemble the device and tried to make some measurements. I feel like the power section on the board feeds the VFD with over 50 V! I guess, the VFD will be damaged anyway. But how comes that such high voltage is there?? Hope that someone's out there who has got some hints or schematic. Or a developer who wants to private mail me?

Anywhere a chinese shoppe that sells boards as spare part?

Quote Originally Posted by mrten View Post
    ... I feel like the power section on the board feeds the VFD with over 50 V! I guess, the VFD will be damaged anyway. But how comes that such high voltage is there?? part?
    You should keep in mind that a VFD is a tube. Anode voltage can be 50 Volt.
    2 * Classic, 2 * Boom, piCorePlayer on Raspberry PI II B with HifiBerry attached to Objective 2 ( Head 'n' HiFi KIT) with Beyerdynamic DT880, LMS 7.9 on Odroid U3 with Max2Play, 500GB USB HD, controlled by Squeezepad or iPeng on iPad and Orange Squeezepad on Nexus 5x, CD -> FLAC = dbpoweramp, Router AVM Fritz 7490

last.fm/user/jo-wie

I made several layouts with several noritake VFDs, there was no one which needed more than 5V input.