Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problem connecting to Napster and Shoutcast

I cannot connect to Napster or Shoutcast from SBS or mysb.com. Error messages are Napster "504 Gateway Time-out" and Shoutcast "Unable to parse SHOUTcast data".

Do anybody know the reason and if somebody is working on these issues? I know it's Christmas time.
    2 * Classic, 2 * Boom, piCorePlayer on Raspberry PI II B with HifiBerry attached to Objective 2 ( Head 'n' HiFi KIT) with Beyerdynamic DT880, LMS 7.9 on Odroid U3 with Max2Play, 500GB USB HD, controlled by Squeezepad or iPeng on iPad and Orange Squeezepad on Nexus 5x, CD -> FLAC = dbpoweramp, Router AVM Fritz 7490

last.fm/user/jo-wie

Thumbs down Unhappy with issues concerning connectability on holidays

I find it very unattractive to be unable to connect to Napster or ShoutCast through mysqueezebox.com on certain holidays, too. I am surely not willing to pay about 200 € for a Squeezebox or even 1700 € for a Transporter that will not be able to connect to my Napster to go Flatrate or ShoutCast especially on those days I have the time to listen to music - like today and the next two days...

As I am able to stream from Napster and ShoutCast on my PC, the problem seems to be located at mysqueezebox.com. And no workaround in sight. That is not the way to gain recommendations from satisfied users!

Thumbs down +1

Quote Originally Posted by bernd756 View Post
    I find it very unattractive to be unable to connect to Napster or ShoutCast through mysqueezebox.com on certain holidays, too. I am surely not willing to pay about 200 € for a Squeezebox or even 1700 € for a Transporter that will not be able to connect to my Napster to go Flatrate or ShoutCast especially on those days I have the time to listen to music - like today and the next two days...

As I am able to stream from Napster and ShoutCast on my PC, the problem seems to be located at mysqueezebox.com. And no workaround in sight. That is not the way to gain recommendations from satisfied users!
    You tried on a PC ok I thought it was a shoutcast problem this no parsing..

But it does not even work trough the local server either. hmm

Nobody works during the weekend so we may have to make do with what works :-/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

+1

For what it's worth, Pandora, Last.fm, Slacker, RadioTime, Radionomy seem fine (so far), only ShoutCast and Napster are not functioning correctly for me.

Now before everyone jumps all over me for "making excuses" for this very real problem with Napster and ShoutCast, I'm just trying to offer some ideas for alternative streaming sources until this gets fixed.

Unhappy

And the Accuradio app ... does not work

Radioio seems to work ad that to whats still up and running ?
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.

We got an update from Michael in the German forum.

Napster informed Logitech shortly before Christmas, that the servers which are used by the Squeezeboxes are overloaded and the interface is outdated. Napster will not maintain the old systems anymore and Logitech has to switch to the new interface which was released a few weeks ago. Logitech want to implement quickly the new interface in the new year.

Above is a free translation from me.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=84166
    2 * Classic, 2 * Boom, piCorePlayer on Raspberry PI II B with HifiBerry attached to Objective 2 ( Head 'n' HiFi KIT) with Beyerdynamic DT880, LMS 7.9 on Odroid U3 with Max2Play, 500GB USB HD, controlled by Squeezepad or iPeng on iPad and Orange Squeezepad on Nexus 5x, CD -> FLAC = dbpoweramp, Router AVM Fritz 7490

last.fm/user/jo-wie

Actually this program has been ongoing for a few months so it hasn't happened just in the last few weeks.

Same problem here. Connection to Napster is extremely glitchy. Using Ipeng, I get all kinds of "unexpected response" messages, Gateway timeouts, and intermittent playback. Napster is now pretty much useless through mysqueezebox.com. Given Logitech's response to problems, I'm betting this will be fixed by, say, next Christmas.

One of the main reasons I brought a squeezebox is to play napster, will bug logitech about it a lot in the new year

Last edited by Mnyb; 2010-12-30 at 07:12. Reason: vote for bug