Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down new pricing

the battery pack is on their website now, look under "speciality batteries"

new price is 27.99 GBP, with shipping (they wanted 17 GBP to germany) that is MORE expensive than the original battery :O

i wonder who will buy a MORE EXPENSIVE 3rd party battery???

MGK

Quote Originally Posted by grzlhmpf View Post
    the battery pack is on their website now, look under "speciality batteries"

new price is 27.99 GBP, with shipping (they wanted 17 GBP to germany) that is MORE expensive than the original battery :O

i wonder who will buy a MORE EXPENSIVE 3rd party battery???

MGK
    I actually phoned strikalite earlier this week about the battery but when he told me the price ú33.95 inc delivery in the UK!
    I ordered the accessory pack from John Lewis ú44.95 inc delivery that includes the remote and 2 year Guarantee for an extra ú11 & the same power rating.
    Also the radio's charging software has been optimised specifically for this pack got to be the better deal. of course using the official battery don't void the warranty
    Gomez......

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Main System - DIY passively cooled server - Squeezebox Touch - Audiolab M-Dac - DK VS1 MK2 Amp - Sonus Faber Cremona floor standers -
    2 x Touches + 1 x SB Radio + Battery - SB Boom - B&W Cdm1 Se /
    Audio Engine AE2s / Swans m200 mk3
    Tag Mclaren Cd Player / Tag pre-power amps etc etc
    Cowon D2+ Dab / 2 x O2 Jogglers (pnp3 squeeze play) iPad 3,4g,64gb
    Home made headphone Amp

Cool

not really DIY, but i just bought a Radio battery on eBay for 23Ç including P&P... works fine.

Could somebody tell me the pins with the voltages?
    For Example pin 1 - 9 : 12 v

Please is there somebody who can give me the voltages on the pins ?

Quote Originally Posted by the cosmic gate View Post
    Please is there somebody who can give me the voltages on the pins ?
    Okay lets start with the voltages ive got on nu batt :

1+9 gives 12,89 v
    3+9 gives 9,03 v
    5+9 gives 3,87v
    7+9 gives nothing
    1+3 gives 3,85v
    3+5 gives 5,15 v
    5+7 gives 3,82 v

hope somebody could tell me if this is okay ( or not) i don't want to damage the SB radio

Quote Originally Posted by the cosmic gate View Post
    Okay lets start with the voltages ive got on nu batt :

1+9 gives 12,89 v
    3+9 gives 9,03 v
    5+9 gives 3,87v
    7+9 gives nothing
    1+3 gives 3,85v
    3+5 gives 5,15 v
    5+7 gives 3,82 v

hope somebody could tell me if this is okay ( or not) i don't want to damage the SB radio
    Could someone please verify this

I just spent a while trying to determine whether to connect the vmon2 sensing wire between cells #6 and #7 as shown in Mark's diagram, or between #7 and #8 as shown in the directions for the Little Green Computer kit and the "Free your Squeezebox" web page.

What eventually answered the question were a couple of posts from owners of Logitech brand batteries who shared the vmon1 and vmon2 readouts from their Squeezebox Radios. They reported Vmon1=3.9 - 4.0V and Vmon2 = 7.9 - 8.0V. That is consistent with Mark's schematic, and when I connected a battery pack according to Mark's schematic, I got those same readings on my Squeezebox Radio.

You can find the posts here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.musi...ces.radio/5594

Bumping an old thread, but I just got a used Radio off Craigslist and I was re-visiting the battery issue.

I bought the official pack with the remote when I got my original Radio a while back, but now I see that there are a number of 3rd party sellers on ebay, going as low as 25$ delivered in the US. http://compare.ebay.com/like/2609366...Types&var=sbar

Has anyone tried any of them? Is this the best deal?

TIA
    Last edited by sander; 2013-09-07 at 10:14. Reason: spacing

Quote Originally Posted by sander View Post
    I bought the official pack with the remote when I got my original Radio a while back
    Could You share Your voltage readings of a full battery pack? I'm also trying to figure out where to connect Pin 3, see also https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post733796
    I just posted my readings here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1044476
    The no-load voltages measured with disconnected battery pack: 5.48 V (1 - 3), 4.12 V (3 - 5), 4.12 V (5 - 9).
    I have an aftermarket battery pack from VHBW, Pin 3 is connected to cell 4 counted from positive terminal, so this is Marks scheme.