Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squeezebox Server/Touch: "Your player was not found."

I purchased the Squeezebox Touch this week. Installation of internet radio access/mysqueezebox.com via wireless home network was a breeze. I am very happy with that functionality.

However, I have been unable to use the Squeezebox Server. (I installed the software on two different PCs with identical results.)

Server software is running, scanning of music files completed with no problem. BUT, I cannot seem to find/connect to the actual Squeezebox. The Squeezebox Server web interface consistently says "Your player was not found."

Likewise, no entry under "My Music" on the SB.

The router I use is a D-Link 655. Both devices (PC and SB) show up on the router with their respective IP addresses on the home network.

Can anyone help?

That is odd. I'd try resetting the Touch (quick press of small button in back next to power cord port). Let it reboot.
    Now try My Music.

If that doesn't work, another option is to add "Switch Library" to your Home Menu.
    Touch > Settings > Home Menu > "Switch Library"

Occasionally I will also not see my SBS server in My Music, yet it appears fine in Switch Library. Why I have no clue.

Rochdale, at the foothills of the Pennines.
    I had that. Just ignore it and do everything from the Touch. It will work OK

Thanks for the replies!

I did try the reset via that little button on the back and also did a factory reset via the SB menu. Once it reboots, the same problem persists.

At one point I saw the library on my PC listed under the "My Music" folder on the SB. But when I tried connecting nothing ever happened. But I have not yet seen it under "Switch Library".

I also checked the software firewall on my PC and opened ports 3483 and 9000.

I wonder if this could be a hardware problem, but with internet access via mysqueezebox.com working I am not sure how likely that is.

It would be fine using this for internet radio only, but it kind of bothers me that I could never listen to my tunes.

Best I can suggest is a complete network reboot.

Network reset:
    - unplug router (leave unplugged)
    - turn off computer (leave off)
    - unplug all SB players (leave unplugged)
    - turn off any/all devices on the network (leave off)

Now bring your network back up and in this order:
    - plug router back in, wait for it to COMPLETELY reboot
    - turn computer on, wait for it to COMPLETELY reboot
    - Launch SC/SBS, wait till it COMPLETELY loads and is running
    - plug SB players back in
    - best to not power on other networked devices just yet before SB players are functioning

Beyond that are you certain you are connecting to YOUR network?
    You have only one router and only that router is handing out IP's (DHCP)?

Thanks, toby10!

I tried what you suggested, but was not successful. I did a couple other things, too: installed the server software on a 3rd machine with the same result. Then created a new user account to see if that was different. Alas, it did not change a thing.

I am beginning to think it could be the router (or some restrictive settings on it). Or possibly a hardware issue on the SB?

But then again, a couple times I have seen my PC library on the the Touch, but when I try to connect it says it cannot establish a link. When that happens I cannot connect back to mysqueezebox.com and have to do that dreaded factory reset.

Internet radio works great, but the server software certainly was not created for the uninitiated...

Quote Originally Posted by New2SBT View Post
    Internet radio works great, but the server software certainly was not created for the uninitiated...
    Well, it works fine unless something (like your suspected router) prevents the player from seeing the server.
    Example: I've never experienced what you are seeing. If SBS is running my players can always find it. Never have problems switching between SBS and MySB.

Any chance your router is an Apple product? Certain Apple routers create a "guest" connection for new devices. This essentially places the "guest" device on a separate network.
    In this case your SBS server is on network 1, but your Touch is on network 2. Therefore, the two cannot see each other.
    Last edited by toby10; 2010-11-29 at 05:23.

Thank you again, toby10. Late last night, well after I had posted my last note, I got it to work. On yet another PC. So, it must have been the firewall/anti virus software on the first two PCs.

But even when I got the Touch to connect to the SBS it was kind of iffy. The SBS showed up on the display of the Touch, and I could then change the library; I was not able to "select" the Touch from the SBS web browser. And when wanting to turn back to mysqueeze3box.com I had to do it manually. But that is just a minor issue. Now I need to transfer all my files.

Thanks for everyone's help!

P.S.: And no, no Apple products in the house.

Firewall, you did open port 3483 tcp and udp and port 9000 tcp.

3483 is the server discovery among other-things here the players broacast their presence and the server could pick them up . This requires that every is on the same network wich it usually is on most peoples network.

There is a connect to remote server kind of setting in the Touch where one can specifically type in the ip of a server, if you got a complicated network and this does not work.

Switching between local sbs and mysb.com is not necessary sbs has settings for you mysb.com creds so everything including apps and radio can be done from your local server with better performance.

The "switch to mysqueezebox com" setting can be moved up to the top menu. It's lurking in the settings > advanced > networking ?

When you got the Touch to see your local server, it should also be automatic sort off, if you are on mysb.com and chooses the "my music" menu it should offer to connect to the local server (if it can see it )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

As Mnyb suggests, if you are going to be switching between SBS and MySB.com, add "switch to MySB.com" to your Home Menu.
    Touch > Settings > Home Menu > "switch to MySB.com"

SBS will do anything and everything MySB.com can do, plus much more. There is no actual need to switch between the two, unless you want to turn off the computer hosting SBS server.