Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member linvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    127

    Touch Out of Stock at Logitech

    I don't know whether this is going to be for long and I see that they can be bought at Amazon (at a higher price than a couple of weeks ago) but I was thinking a black-Friday deal might come through. Good they have sold so many - a shame that the stock control leads to an out of stock at the start of the holiday season....
    Squeezcenter running on ACER R1600 Windows XP
    Fileserver ReadyNAS Duo
    Main Listening Transporter / Controller
    Kitchen : SB3
    Bedroom : Boom
    Bath : SBRadio
    Study: Duo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    105
    I noticed the touch out of stock at logitech also and decided to search around a bit. Found it at Amazon as you said. Also noticed what appears to be Squeezebox Classic (SB3) at amazon or at least that's what the picture appears to be. Are these really still available?

  3. #3
    Senior Member toby10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    Posts
    9,232
    Quote Originally Posted by eschurig View Post
    ..... Also noticed what appears to be Squeezebox Classic (SB3) at amazon or at least that's what the picture appears to be. Are these really still available?
    Yup.

  4. #4
    Senior Member maggior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    2,124
    Yes, Amazon's price on the touch was lower last week. Today, Amazon has the Boom for $169 (yes, you read that correctly) and the Duet for $250.

    If stock on the Touch is low, you probably won't see deals on them trying to push them out the door :-).
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    226
    I ordered mine through the Canadian Logitech site, where it was just recently added. It said "In Stock" when I ordered it, but after not shipping for a week I called them... apparently it's out of stock and they are expecting a shipment in the first week of December.

    I know better than to rely on estimates like this, but I'll give them a chance... it's only been a week

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    I ordered mine through the Canadian Logitech site, where it was just recently added. It said "In Stock" when I ordered it, but after not shipping for a week I called them... apparently it's out of stock and they are expecting a shipment in the first week of December.

    I know better than to rely on estimates like this, but I'll give them a chance... it's only been a week
    You could try here...
    http://solutionsav.ca/slimdevices.html

    I bought mine from them since Logitech took forever to list them in Canada. Good service and the price is competitive.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Pascal Hibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,563
    Well I ordered a Radio but it is also out of stock. Checked a few other sites and those are also out of stock. I guess the coming holiday season is good business for Logitech and Squeezebox.
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX for storage
    RPI 2B running LMS 7.9.2.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Hibon View Post
    Well I ordered a Radio but it is also out of stock. Checked a few other sites and those are also out of stock. I guess the coming holiday season is good business for Logitech and Squeezebox.
    The Logitech site is annoying, though... and pretty poor for ordering.

    Problem #1: At least in Canada, the site STILL says "In stock" for Touch when you add it to your cart, even though it's not and is backordered.

    Problem #2: If I view my order through the wrong link, it shows the whole thing in US dollars, even though the order was submitted in Canadian dollars! This reminds me of those old glitchy e-commerce sites where they passed the product price in the URL as a parameter!

    This says nothing about their products, but I wouldn't use their site again for ordering. I'd rather use a store that has accurate inventory info, accurate order status, and gives more control over the order after it's been submitted.
    Last edited by mbg; 2010-11-30 at 12:11.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo View Post
    You could try here...
    http://solutionsav.ca/slimdevices.html

    I bought mine from them since Logitech took forever to list them in Canada. Good service and the price is competitive.
    Thanks. If mine doesn't arrive by the first date they gave me as an estimate, I'll try to cancel and order from there.

    It's cheaper at that site, too...

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    The Logitech site is annoying, though... and pretty poor for ordering.

    Problem #1: At least in Canada, the site STILL says "In stock" for Touch when you add it to your cart, even though it's not and is backordered.

    Problem #2: If I view my order through the wrong link, it shows the whole thing in US dollars, even though the order was submitted in Canadian dollars! This reminds me of those old glitchy e-commerce sites where they passed the product price in the URL as a parameter!

    This says nothing about their products, but I wouldn't use their site again for ordering. I'd rather use a store that has accurate inventory info, accurate order status, and gives more control over the order after it's been submitted.
    +1 thats the logitech store experience stay away use another shop if you can note that you will probably not get any confirmation mail with an order nr so that you can track your purchase and they don't answer emails.
    The product will just show up when you least expect it (or not) just 0 communication from them. So if don't noted the order nr on the screen there is no way to figure that out later.

    The products is good thou I'm quite happy with my Touch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •