Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 54 of 474 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    John Mayall Switzerland 1998 Maydell

John Boutte (treme theme) live at Dba on Frenchman street in new Orleans.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Max Richter - Infra
    folowed by:
    Zbigniew Preisner - La Double Vie de Véronique
    I remember Les Trois Couleurs... "Bleu" and how i felt in love with Binoche back then... *sigh*
    Last edited by Wombat; 2012-02-25 at 22:13.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Another listen to Adele Live at The Royal Albert Hall
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = Still ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pski
    Hairless Heart - LLDOB

Ruby Braff's "Music for the Still of the Night" excellent jazz...discovered him thanks to SwingFM Limoge which has become my favorite web radio station
    Last edited by bluto99; 2012-03-09 at 19:09.

Sunna Gunnlaugs, "Long Pair Bond". Icelandic jazz pianist, playing as a trio (drums and bass). Really excellent work, interesting and melodic, thoroughly jazz. www.sunnagunnlaugs.com. Flac downloads from Bandcamp. My default evening jazz music of the moment.

R

Robin Trower - Twice Removed from Yesterday and Bridge of Sighs.

I came across his name in a guitar lick book I'm working through. The lick based on his style was really cool, so I thought I'd check out his music.

Tonight I'm moving onto his next 2 albums - For Earth Below and Robin Trower Live.

I'm amazed at how much the singer/bass player James Dewer sounds like Paul Rogers.

Puttin' my Rhapsody subscription to work! :-)
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Robin Trower is one of my favourite musicians. Have a listen to Caravans to Midnight 1978 - Victims of the Fury 1980 which is available on one cd. He is often compared to Hendrix but I find his music unique.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    Robin Trower is one of my favourite musicians. Have a listen to Caravans to Midnight 1978 - Victims of the Fury 1980 which is available on one cd. He is often compared to Hendrix but I find his music unique.
    I've been reading about Robin and I've found some of the Hendrix references. From what I've heard of his music so far, his music is much different - the only things in common are their styles are based in the blues and they both played Strats.

RT's playing style is understated, yet there is power to it. Great stuff. His use of the wah pedal on some tracks on of Bridge of Sighs reminded me oa a track on Mad Season with Mike McCready on guitar. Clearly RT is an influence!

I'll check out those 2 albums you mentioned - I'm pretty sure they are available on Rhapsody.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior