Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 503 of 506 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 5054
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    ♪ Playing The Trapper’s Pelts by Yard Act from Dark Days (2021) (Qobuz • 945kbps • 44.1kHz • FLC)
    https://open.qobuz.com/track/109778089

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I picked up The Overload a couple of weeks ago - excellent stuff.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I picked up The Overload a couple of weeks ago - excellent stuff.

Robert
    Yes I agree. Different.
    I bought both EP and The Overload on vinyl.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Name:  Screenshot 2022-02-12 21.24.17.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  259.9 KB

Stamitz: Cello Concertos Nos. 1-3
    Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

Doxy (Sonny Rollins' tune)
    Dexter Gordon (ts); Kenny Drew (p); Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen, aka, NHOP (b); Albert Heath (d)
    Live at Jazzhuis, Copenhagen, Denmark - July 20, 1967
    Lance DuLac
    Porto, Portugal

The Weight

I'm listening to "The Weight" by The Band. It's a classic song that I never get tired of hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel36 View Post
    I'm listening to "The Weight" by The Band. It's a classic song that I never get tired of hearing.
    +1000

I have to agree. I am a bit ashamed to admit, after decades of listening and singing along, that the lyrics are not "annie" they are "fanny"

If it's available where you live, if you have not seen the streaming special on the band "band of brothers" I highly recommend it. In it Robbie goes into quite a bit of depth about the writing of that song.

Jim

<edit - a good friend named his dog "jack" from that song>
    Last edited by Redrum; 2022-02-25 at 13:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel36 View Post
    Just today I was listening to this song, two versions -- The Band's and Aretha Franklin's, on my "alternate takes" playlist. I've always enjoyed Aretha's version, which was on her Soul '69 album, and featured Duane Allman on slide guitar, produced by Jerry Wexler. It is also on the Duane Allman Anthology.

Ron

Name:  The Weight aretha album.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  54.4 KB
    Aretha with the album jacket

Name:  The Weight aretha duane jerry wexler.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  55.5 KB
    Aretha, Duane and Jerry Wexler
    Last edited by RonM; 2022-02-26 at 18:43.
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare

Just searched my archive, and it seems I have quite a number of covers of The Weight:

The Band twice (original and from The Last Waltz with the Staples)
    Dala (Canadian duo, two women)
    Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper (instrumental, nice guitar from Bloomfield in the second half of the track)
    Rickie Lee Jones
    Diana Ross and the Supremes
    Aretha Franklin

There are dozens of others, some of which I'd like to hear. The Ventures, for instance.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare

Free Fallin' - Stevie Nicks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suicide - Surrender. This is a newly released compilation by the proto-synth-punk band Suicide, featuring 16 tracks from throughout their career over two LPs, CD, streaming. Suicide had a really tough time with audiences back in the 1970s (e.g. being bottled on stage supporting The Clash; the famous recoding of them being forced off stage by an irate Belgian audience). I bought their first LP back in about 1978, being intrigued by a review in a HiFi magazine to the effect that "only a poseur could claim to like this"!

Over the years, I have bought most if not all of Suicide's output, so there's little on this magnificent looking compilation that I don't already have, just unreleased versions of two tracks, so I'm unlikely to buy it. But as an introduction to Suicide this would be unparalleled.

Suicide's music veers from the aggressive to to the tender. Dream Baby Dream soundtracks a perfume advert on TV now! How things change from those early reviews...
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick