Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 460 of 491 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 4910
    Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    which Bloomfield albums ?
    The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, East-West (1966) (to me this album is a masterpiece, particularly the last song on side 2, the instrumental "East-West")
    Electric Flag, A Long Time Comin' (1968)
    Super Session with Al Kooper and Stephen Stills (1968)
    The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper (1968)
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

garym,

I'm a Butterfield fan too. I'm guessing you know about the new Butterfield documentary "Horn From the Heart." If you haven't read a review here's one that appeared in the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/m...tterfield.html

Quote Originally Posted by radish112 View Post
    garym,

I'm a Butterfield fan too. I'm guessing you know about the new Butterfield documentary "Horn From the Heart." If you haven't read a review here's one that appeared in the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/m...tterfield.html
    can't wait to see it. There's a nice Bloomfield documentary too, but I've only ever seen it on youtube. It's in 10 parts unfortunately, but it was all there when I watched it. Here's part 1.

https://youtu.be/YJa8KIF1A24
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

I've been playing a couple of David Sylvian solo albums via Spotify. I was never (and I'm still not) a big fan of Japan, but I recently bought his two collaborations with Holger Czukay, Plight & Premonition and Flux & Mutability, which I rather like. Secrets of the Beehive and Manafon are both growing on me...

Name:  beehive.png
Views: 132
Size:  193.0 KBName:  manafon.png
Views: 132
Size:  193.8 KB

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

For the Bloomfield fans here's another one worth seeking out. "From His Head to His Heart to His Hands" 3cd's and 1 dvd.

gary I have those 4 both vinyl and CDs all very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    gary I have those 4 both vinyl and CDs all very nice.
    yep, classic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, East-West (1966) (to me this album is a masterpiece, particularly the last song on side 2, the instrumental "East-West")
    Electric Flag, A Long Time Comin' (1968)
    Super Session with Al Kooper and Stephen Stills (1968)
    The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper (1968)
    Live Adventures fuelled many a trip, back in the day, and I don't mean road trips. Loved the Norman Rockwell cover, too.

Elements of it are still in regular rotation here, through my "Alternate Takes" playlists. I like to take two versions of the same song (not always including the original) in order to hear different interpretations and get a nice fix on excellent songwriting. In this case, I'm using 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy), and The Weight, by Simon and Garfunkel and The Band originally. I think I also use a third version of 59th Street, and a non-Band version of The Weight in the playlists.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Live Adventures fuelled many a trip, back in the day, and I don't mean road trips. Loved the Norman Rockwell cover, too.

Elements of it are still in regular rotation here, through my "Alternate Takes" playlists. I like to take two versions of the same song (not always including the original) in order to hear different interpretations and get a nice fix on excellent songwriting. In this case, I'm using 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy), and The Weight, by Simon and Garfunkel and The Band originally. I think I also use a third version of 59th Street, and a non-Band version of The Weight in the playlists.

R.
    I like the alternative takes playlists idea.

Name:  roomful of teeth render.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  31.6 KB Name:  roomful of teeth partita.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  50.6 KB

Not sure if there are any choral music fans hanging out here, but I've been enjoying Roomful of Teeth, since the excellent article about them in a recent New Yorker (Feb 11, I think). Kind of avant-classical, sometimes pretty weird, sometimes using words as percussive effects, very occasionally actual lyrics, but mostly not. Render is the most recent under their name, but Partita is more recent still but presented under the name of Caroline Shaw, the composer. Some parts of it were previously released on Roomful of Teeth recordings.

Very nicely done, best enjoyed on good equipment as lossless as possible, rewarding on headphones. Enveloping me (or is that bombarding?) as I write over lunch.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)