Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 405 of 506 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 5051
    Various Artists - The Other Side Of The Trax: Stax-Volt 45rpm Rarities 1964-1968

Name:  Folder.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  Sergeant pepper.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  75.6 KB

Yesterday, day before and today, of course. Why listen to anything else on the 50th?

It does lead to some interesting introspection. When the album came out, my father was the same age as the album is now, more or less.

Think about it. . .

In 1967, the music from 1918 (when my father was born) was less distant than is Sergeant Pepper now.

Feeling old yet?

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare

I like live music. The Allman Brothers have recorded as much as any one I can think of.
    You Don't Love Me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Chet Baker & Duke Jordan Trio/Quartet - Complete New Morning Performances

Views: 205
Size:  28.3 KB

Wynton Kelly - New Faces, New Sounds

Views: 197
Size:  56.3 KB

Nick Lowe - Jesus Of Cool (1978)

Last.FM?

Have been following your posts to this thread for several weeks and have discovered some great new music to listen to. Are you on Last.FM and Scrobbling the music you listen to as that would probably also be a great source to discover music I haven't heard yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sargent View Post
    Wynton Kelly - New Faces, New Sounds

Views: 197
Size:  56.3 KB
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    Have been following your posts to this thread for several weeks and have discovered some great new music to listen to. Are you on Last.FM and Scrobbling the music you listen to as that would probably also be a great source to discover music I haven't heard yet!
    No, I just buy lots of CD's. The majority are from Amazon.co.uk. The EU copyright laws are such that there are multiple companies releasing box sets of 50+ year old recordings, for very reasonable prices.

For example:
    http://www.allmusic.com/album/nine-c...1-mw0002901803
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nine-Comple...s%3A+1951-1961

That's less that £10 for 9 complete albums, and since they don't charge VAT on export orders it's only £8 (plus S&H). S&H is just over £3 for the first item and then just £1 for each additional item. So, it you order 3 or 4 things, shipping is close really reasonable.

And then I rip everything to FLAC and before you know it you have a large library of lossless music that you own forever and sounds great.

Mike

Dizzy Gillespie - Sittin' In

Views: 175
Size:  51.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sargent View Post
    No, I just buy lots of CD's. The majority are from Amazon.co.uk. The EU copyright laws are such that there are multiple companies releasing box sets of 50+ year old recordings, for very reasonable prices.

For example:
    http://www.allmusic.com/album/nine-c...1-mw0002901803
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nine-Comple...s%3A+1951-1961

That's less that £10 for 9 complete albums, and since they don't charge VAT on export orders it's only £8 (plus S&H). S&H is just over £3 for the first item and then just £1 for each additional item. So, it you order 3 or 4 things, shipping is close really reasonable.

And then I rip everything to FLAC and before you know it you have a large library of lossless music that you own forever and sounds great.

Mike
    Thanks for the info Mike. I am like you, I have a huge CD collection (bought the inventory of a used CD store when it was going out of business, took me three years to get rid of all the duplicate CDs on Ebay). I just purchased 4 sets on Amazon UK, buying the last Art Farmer set they had in stock. Funny how life is, I have been looking for three of those Art Farmer disks for over a year and never found them in any of the used CD shops in Atlanta, on Ebay, or on Amazon US! I will have them in a week now. Thanks again!
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive