Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 102 of 471 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4703
    Syntax, Meccano Mind.

but please consult my last.fm playlist....

The Gate to the Mind's Eye - TD

I was thinking about how great some of the animations were on the LaserDisc.

They are really lame now.

So far this morning:
    Mindflayer - "It's Always 1999" via Spotify (a noisy way to start the morning!)
    Paul Haig's - "Kube" via Spotify (actually I was surprised to like this, spotted via review at The Quietus. I liked Josef K)
    Tristesse Contemporaine - "Tristesse Contemporaine" via Spotify (received as a playlist from a Spotify friend. Rather mannered, some interesting influences I think)
    Throbbing Gristle - 32nd Annual Report (well, very atmospheric!)

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Ella Fitzgerald, Ella Swings Lightly: current track "Knock Me A Kiss"

Dave Brubeck (and Paul Desmond) , "Take Five"

http://youtu.be/PHdU5sHigYQ
    Some version of LMS running on a HP EX490 home server
    SBReceiver --> NAD C162 / C272 --> DALI IKON 6

Rip Rig & Panic's first album, God. I have this on vinyl from 1981 (it's their first and on 2 x 45rpm discs) - I ripped it recently. It just gets better with every listen.
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

classic folk music

Gathering At The Earl Of Old Town-classic early Chicago folk scene music. Jim Post, the Holstein brothers and of course Steve Goodman. The 1st recording of City Of New Orleans and other good ones.

It was a nice area when I first visited then a year or so later it was all girlie places. Wonder what it is like today ?

At any rate top notch music from long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    Gathering At The Earl Of Old Town-classic early Chicago folk scene music. Jim Post, the Holstein brothers and of course Steve Goodman. The 1st recording of City Of New Orleans and other good ones.

It was a nice area when I first visited then a year or so later it was all girlie places. Wonder what it is like today ?

At any rate top notch music from long ago.
    what a famous place. never visited, but can imagine seeing Steve Goodman or John Prine there early in their careers.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Since the sad news came through on my twitter feed yesterday evening, I've been listening to quite a bit of Lou Reed...

Robert

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

9. Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead

Happy halloween! ;o)
    • Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:15:02 CET 2020
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless