Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 500 of 502 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502 LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5014
    Just ordered up 13 Rivers and Pour Down Like Silver. From what I've heard of him so far I should enjoy these too!
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Just ordered up 13 Rivers and Pour Down Like Silver. From what I've heard of him so far I should enjoy these too!
    I think I need to buy those also....I see you are in the US. I really enjoy this one, and for less than $5, free shipping, can't beat it...https://www.ebay.com/itm/19180272536...AAAOSwbuJeWkmm

says 2 left...

Jim

New Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (for some reason this album and Raising Sand does not seem to register with Biography or Album Description)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:28:51 CEST 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Just acquired that album, not listened to it yet. Reviews are great. What's your take?

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Just acquired that album, not listened to it yet. Reviews are great. What's your take?

R.
    Raise the Roof? It is on heavy rotation on my players for several days. Lovely harmonies. Covers some of Country's greats from days gone by. Love the first two tracks particularly "Quattro and "The Price of Love"
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:28:51 CEST 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I think I need to buy those also....I see you are in the US. I really enjoy this one, and for less than $5, free shipping, can't beat it...https://www.ebay.com/itm/19180272536...AAAOSwbuJeWkmm

says 2 left...

Jim
    This is Richard Thompson's Mock Tudor album, from around 1999. An excellent album, mostly in the rock rather than folk style. It is raucous and loud and the song-writing is as good as it gets. He certainly does not appear to be happy on the romantic-relationship front. Still in print, available as a CD from Amazon. And of course on streaming services.

R
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    This is Richard Thompson's Mock Tudor album, from around 1999. An excellent album, mostly in the rock rather than folk style. It is raucous and loud and the song-writing is as good as it gets. He certainly does not appear to be happy on the romantic-relationship front. Still in print, available as a CD from Amazon. And of course on streaming services.

R
    I should have mentioned the artist/title . I was making another suggestion to @w3w who was in the process of discovering RT. When he plays live (electric), "Crawl Back" really shows off his guitar playing skills. I have also seen him amplified acoustic, and it's impressive how powerful (for lack of a better word) he can make an acoustic sound.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    A friend recently lent me this Rumor and Sigh by Richard Thompson which I quite liked
    Attachment 36232

Did a little research on the artist and found he was a founding member of Fairport Convention so I found a deal for a 5 album box set on Amazon. Way different than the Rumor and Sigh album, they're all pretty good but I especially like this folksie "What we did on our Holidays"
    Attachment 36233
    Of the 5 albums in that box set Liege & Lief is pretty much universally acknowldged as the genre defining album of British Electric Folk. Superb work by all who play on it but particulalry Thompson & Sandy Denny.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I should have mentioned the artist/title . I was making another suggestion to @w3w who was in the process of discovering RT. When he plays live (electric), "Crawl Back" really shows off his guitar playing skills. I have also seen him amplified acoustic, and it's impressive how powerful (for lack of a better word) he can make an acoustic sound.

Jim
    For the $5.30 (there was tax) for the Mock Tudor album I'm a sucker. Bought the last one that the seller had. Says it should be here by Dec 30. Looking forward to it.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Hank Crawford Born Day!

I'm celebrating Hank Crawford's born day with this mix from 2020...

https://www.mixcloud.com/ctproduced/...y-celebration/

Name:  mixcloud hank.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  25.9 KB
    ---------------------------
    https://ctproduced.com < Creed Taylor/CTI/KUDU
    http://markcathcart.com/about

Running LMS Server, currently v8.0.0, (1600976618) on Headless WIN10 System; music on Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.