Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 470 of 471 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471 LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 4703
    Christmas music on WCRB-Boston.

Holiday music on WBGO from NJ/NYC (Jazz).
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Funny thing... Our grandson who's 10 wanted an MP3 player for Christmas. We had one that doesn't get used because we now have all our music on our phones for when we're away from home. Since we had the original box and all the stuff we packed it up for him for Christmas. I bought a 256GB MicrSD card and put all our music on it and I asked him what his favorite songs were. He said "Monster - Skillet" and "Blue - Eifel 65", I'll admit I'd not heard of either band. Well, being an album type person I bought both the Skillet - Awake and Eifel 65 - Europop albums with his favorite songs and put them on his player too. Yesterday I put both these albums on while we were running some errands. I might listen to Eifel 65 again sometime, but Skillet - Awake is a right fine album that I've spun up a few times now. I'd give it a full 4 of 5 stars! Oh, the grandson is tickled with his "new" MP3 player!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Funny thing... Our grandson who's 10 wanted an MP3 player for Christmas. We had one that doesn't get used because we now have all our music on our phones for when we're away from home. Since we had the original box and all the stuff we packed it up for him for Christmas. I bought a 256GB MicrSD card and put all our music on it and I asked him what his favorite songs were. He said "Monster - Skillet" and "Blue - Eifel 65", I'll admit I'd not heard of either band. Well, being an album type person I bought both the Skillet - Awake and Eifel 65 - Europop albums with his favorite songs and put them on his player too. Yesterday I put both these albums on while we were running some errands. I might listen to Eifel 65 again sometime, but Skillet - Awake is a right fine album that I've spun up a few times now. I'd give it a full 4 of 5 stars! Oh, the grandson is tickled with his "new" MP3 player!
    ... at least the cover artwork is interesting! (sorry)
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:  Punch bros phosphorent.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  38.7 KB

That Skillet Awake album cover reminded me of a Punch Brothers album I haven't listened to in a while. Set me to a bout of avant-bluegrass listening. That Chris Thile (Punch Brothers leader) is an interesting guy!
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Recycling gifts and wrappings

Oh, the grandson is tickled with his "new" MP3 player!
    Kudos to you for taking a recycling approach ! Around here we save nicely decorated bags from clothing stores - the kind with ribbon handles and a holiday decoration - and use them again the following year to "wrap" gifts, instead of buying and then throwing out yards and yards of wrapping paper.

My Christmas listen turned out to be Blind Faith (1969), which I stumbled upon while (yes, still) trying to get my music server to work.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - ARCH-AUR-REL.7.9.2.arch2 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on SATA HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper cable.

Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody - the first time I've given it a dedicated listen, feels like a good way to welcome a new decade. Funny, it's one of those unavoidable tracks, I remember seeing it on Top of the Pops as an unimpressed 8 year old :-)
    Main room: Transporter -> ifi tube 2 -> Denon AVR 4306 -> Kef iq9
    Kitchen/living room: Pi 1B+ HifiBerry Digi+ -> Cambridge Audio Dacmagic -> audiolab 8000 -> B&W 685
    Late night listening: Touch -> Little Dot Dac_1 -> Little Dot mk3 headphone amp
    Office: IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+ -> JBL bookshelves
    Bedroom: squeezebox radio
    IQaudIO Pi-DAC Pro Pi 3B+ currently hosting LMS, Pi 4 LMS and NAS

Senior Member Percival Sweetwater's Avatar

RIP Neil Peart...

Name:  Cover.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  37.2 KB

First Rush album I bought, long ago...

Celebratory music for Brexit Day - 31/1/2020 !!!

Free at last !!!

https://youtu.be/LylRZXQ_D-8
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Name:  Punch bros phosphorent.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  38.7 KB

That Skillet Awake album cover reminded me of a Punch Brothers album I haven't listened to in a while. Set me to a bout of avant-bluegrass listening. That Chris Thile (Punch Brothers leader) is an interesting guy!
    Yeah - he is indeed - I'm a big fan of Nickel Creek (and Sara Watkins solo efforts) but also Chris Thile's work - really enjoy 'The Goat Rodeo Sessions' he did with Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan,and Edgar Meyer.

Name:  goat-rodeo_800.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  170.1 KB

Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi Misc: iPeng (iPad/iPhones)/Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.