Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 461 of 461 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461
Results 4,601 to 4,602 of 4602
    Name:  kevin welch dust devil.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  46.8 KB

And Roomful just segued into something completely different, Kevin Welch's excellent recording from last year, Dust Devil.

I've followed him for years, and think he's both an excellent songwriter and fine singer, who has had a career mostly considered in "Country". Clearly rootsy, and he has had a lot of his songs recorded by others, mainly country types, but his interests and songs don't really fully fit that genre. On this one he has done most of the production, and it's a kind of combo of roots, rock, folk and jazz. Some excellent sax parts and piano, and a few tasty electric guitar solos. Also a wide range of really nicely written songs. Daughter and son are involved, the former on harmony vocals, the latter helping produce and playing some instruments. Former musical partner Fats Kaplin (from the trio Kane Welch Kaplin, and part of Jack White's touring band) provides a good chunk of the instrumentation.

Very fine. It should, but won't, make Welch rich.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I like the alternative takes playlists idea.
    I'm not as diligent as I could be keeping them up to date, most haven't been renewed for two or three years.

It has been a bit of challenge to do them. I've tried different approaches but keep going back to my archaic version of Winamp; I sort my entire library by song title, and then scroll through to find the same tracks in adjacent positions, although sometimes different albums have slightly different track titles. I select what I want and then generate a playlist, which I copy into the SB library path. I organize them alphabetically, so I have all the songs starting with A in Playlist-A, and so on. Mostly one playlist per letter, but in some cases two or more. Important to sort the playlist by title and to not play it on random.

If I want to put the actual playlist tracks onto removable media to play in the car or wherever, I use a utility whose name I forget and is on my other computer, which basically takes the playlist information and copies the tracks to a target location. I usually use MP3Tag to give track numbers to each set, so they play in proper sequence.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)