Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 485 of 488 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 4874
    Idiot Prayer, Nick Cave's new double LP arrived today, so that's this evening's listening sorted. It's a collection of songs from his career, recorded solo at Alexandra Palace.

Name:  cover-copy.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  32.8 KB

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.0.1/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

First album by the new band from Interpol frontman Paul Banks. Wonderful!

Name:  muzz-muzz.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  31.3 KB

Regards PiPlayer

Yesterday I received a copy of David A. Jaycock's LP Murder, and the Birds, bought through Bandcamp. Generally speaking, I don't often play folk music, but I find this really nice. It's a collection of old songs, some set to new music by Jaycock, and the vinyl edition is an example of why I still buy that format - a beautiful sleeve and a nice pressing. And seeing as how I bought it via Bandcamp, there was a flac download for use in LMS. The record label, Triassic Tusk, is a small one based near St Monans in the East Neuk of Fife, and it's associated with a small craft brewery. I tried to visit in the summer, but opening times were a bit limited by the pandemic situation.

Name:  cover-500.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  73.3 KB

Robert
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Animals (Original Vinyl Sound 1977)

Furr - Blitzen Trapper
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Right now, I am listening to Lithium Blast by HHY and the Kampala Unit.

Name:  a2203733261_16.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  72.5 KB

Robert

Things Ain't What They Used To Be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPgYo19AsQ

I'm in the U.S. state of Georgia, so this has an especially celebratory feel today. Lots of different versions of this tune, many of them by Ellington. There's a very nice one by Charles Mingus, from his Mingus Dynasty album.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPgYo19AsQ

I'm in the U.S. state of Georgia, so this has an especially celebratory feel today. Lots of different versions of this tune, many of them by Ellington. There's a very nice one by Charles Mingus, from his Mingus Dynasty album.
    Hope you have one for Washington DC. Play it loud.
    Living Room: Pi3 w/Allo Digione Player (Wired), Max2Play w/LMS Server 8.0 and SqueezeLite
    Pioneer Elite VSX 80, Parasound 2125 v2
    KEF LS50's, Paradigm SE Center, SVS SB12-NSD Subwoofer, Paradigm Atom v.5 Surrounds
    Harmony Smart Control w/Hub and iPeng
    Dining Room: KEF Q100's
    Bedroom: Logitech Boom
    Porch: Boston Acoustics Voyager Metro II
    Router: Netgear R700P
    File Storage: Samsung T5 SSD
    Music Service: Qobuz

Name:  larkin poe kindred spirits.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  95.3 KB

Larkin Poe, Kindred Spirits.

Very nice set of covers, a very wide range indeed. From Robert Johnson to Neil Young to Derek and the Dominoes. I'm particularly fond of their take on the Moody Blues' Nights in White Satin. Lots of tasty guitar/dobro leads throughout. I'm pretty sure all of these songs long predate either sisters' birth. Good taste.

R.
    Last edited by RonM; 2021-01-09 at 18:32.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Name:  cindy blackman santana give the drummer.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  173.2 KB

And now for something completely different - Cindy Blackman Santana and "Give the Drummer Some".

Blackman Santana is an excellent jazz drummer, widely acknowledged as one of the very best. She's married to Carlos Santana. The album showcases her drumming, not to mention the guitar of Carlos along with the guitar of John McLaughlin.

Carlos and McLaughlin are both in rock guitar mode, in McLaughlin's case reminiscent of his early Mahavishnu Orchestra phase; he subsequently went back to mainly jazzish and eastern styles. Although they don't play together here, the guitar sound harks back to their joint album "Love Devotion Surrender", done under the influence of Sri Chinmoy in the early 70s. Also featured is metal guitarist Vernon Reid, who duets on one track with Carlos.

But the star feature here is Blackman Santana's drumming and her accomplished straightforward vocals. Rhythmic and melodic and jazzish.

R.
    Last edited by RonM; 2021-01-09 at 19:23.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)