Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 4640
    Two new albums yesterday:
    75 Dollar Bill - I Was Real. Seems to be classified as jazz, but I don't see that! Anyway, bought on vinyl with download via Bandcamp, though this albums doesn't appear on the band's Bandcamp page.
    Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  33.2 KB

Keiji Haino and SUMAC - Even for just the briefest moment / Keep charging this “expiation” / Plug in to making it slightly better. Every album with Keiji Haino involves seems to have unreasonably long titles. Interesting collaboration between Keiji Haino and the metal trio SUMAC. Via Bandcamp.
Views: 170
Size:  81.0 KB
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Again on this 4th of July

John Philip Sousa - Greatest Hits - United States Marine Band

Happy 4th of July!
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

Listening to Diana Krall - The Girl In The Other Room

on vinyl.
    Great album from a lovely and very talented artist.
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

I've just picked up a copy of Les Bof! Voila, after reading a couple of reviews. An Edinburgh-based band who play like they are a French 1960s garage pop band. All jolly good fun, apparently one member hails from Marseilles, the others being Scottish. The LP sleeve is well mocked up to look like a period sleeve, especially the rear of the sleeve.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  27.6 KB
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Going through a bit of a 70s period at the moment. I had ELO's 'Out of the Blue' on repeat for ages. Just now I'm revisiting Supertramp's 'Breakfast in America'. After the initial rush of the singles, I was amazed to discover 'Child of Vision'. I guess I was fixated on the singles when I first bought the LP all those years ago*, and somehow didn't appreciate this track. Stick it on and turn it up - it'll surprise you!

*In fact I remember swapping the LP numerous times at W H Smith's to try and get one that wasn't hopelessly crackly straight out of the wrapper. Very cheap vinyl I seem to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Going through a bit of a 70s period at the moment. I had ELO's 'Out of the Blue' on repeat for ages. Just now I'm revisiting Supertramp's 'Breakfast in America'. After the initial rush of the singles, I was amazed to discover 'Child of Vision'. I guess I was fixated on the singles when I first bought the LP all those years ago*, and somehow didn't appreciate this track. Stick it on and turn it up - it'll surprise you!

*In fact I remember swapping the LP numerous times at W H Smith's to try and get one that wasn't hopelessly crackly straight out of the wrapper. Very cheap vinyl I seem to remember.
    Interesting because my copies of Crime of The Century and Crisis What Crisis are two of the best pieces of vinyl I own. Both are original and both bought at the time although probably not from WH Smith’s. My local record shop in Epsom was Harlequin records which I think got absorbed by Our Price. The quality of the vinyl and the high production values of those two early Supertramp albums is something to behold. Ken Scott was the engineer iirc
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

I don't remember whether I was an 'early adopter' for 'Breakfast in America', or whether I delayed until I'd heard the singles enough times to get hooked. Maybe there was a difference between the initial release and subsequent pressings. I've just dug mine out and weighed it: ~95g, and very 'floppy'! I don't know if that's supposed to correlate with quality.

I think the crackly output was exacerbated by the quiet fade-in on the first track, 'Gone Hollywood'. Similarly I remember hearing 'Telegraph Road' for the first time on CD, and noting how clean that opening note sounded compared to my vinyl copy.

I can remember LPs in the mid to late 1970s becoming pretty thin, maybe owing to the rising oil prices? And when I was a student, a lot of the record stores had cheap import pressings that were a bit crackly and of poorer sound quality. But at £1.49, most students weren't too bothered.

Robert

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

And there's a new Pere Ubu LP out, more of the 'avant-garage'. Apparently largely written by David Thomas while gravely ill. Fortunately he's now recovered, so hopefully this won't be the last Pere Ubu LP.

Views: 51
Size:  37.8 KB

Robert

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I can remember LPs in the mid to late 1970s becoming pretty thin, maybe owing to the rising oil prices? And when I was a student, a lot of the record stores had cheap import pressings that were a bit crackly and of poorer sound quality. But at £1.49, most students weren't too bothered.

Robert
    You could see through some of them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk