Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Tagging Impossible

    Hi there,
    I have some files from (legal) online sources which I would like to tag. But this has proved to be impossible.
    I have done the following:
    I let them run through Desiccate to remove illegal tags.
    I opened them in MP3tag and removed all tags MP3tag could get a hold of.
    I loaded them into MusicBee trying to autotag the files. The programme finds the files in its online sources than claims to write the tags but in fact it doesn't.
    The same thing happens when I open the files in MP3tag.
    However I can manually write tags.
    I have no idea what causes this behaviour especially since I still can autotag other files.
    Could someone help me out please?
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

  2. #2
    Crazy - it seems to work on another machine. PCs are nuts.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

  3. #3
    Senior Member Apesbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,895
    Could be a conflict between ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. Your settings in Mp3tag should look like this:

    Tools > Options > Tags >Mpeg


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •