Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 476 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper (in particular, their version of 59th Street Bridge Song, aka Feelin' Groovy). With the Norman Rockwell cover portrait of Mike and Al.
    This is an excellent dbl album. The earlier Super Session is pretty nice as well. Bloomfield Kooper and Stills. Season Of The Witch an old Donovan tune at 11 min+ is very nice.

Right now Luther Allison-Where Have You Been Live In Montreux 76-94. The man could play !

Manhattan Kol live at o2 arena UK 2009

And now for something completely different:

I'm listening to Banjo Hockey, from the Tim Posgate Hornband. All instrumental, with tuba, banjo, clarinet/saxophone and trumpet in the mix (sometimes a bit of guitar). Tim Posgate is the banjo player and the tuba is by Howard Johnson who has played with many eminents, John Lennon, Mingus, the Band, etc.

It's inspired music, quite jazzish, expertly executed. A really great listen.

You can get it on iTunes, but you are better off getting it at zunior.com, which will sell a very good VBR rip for less than iTunes, or a full flac rip with full album art for $10.88. See http://www.blackhenmusic.com/artist/tim-posgate, and the Zunior page at http://www.zunior.com/product_info.p...7k15j8p7rk7l15.

R.

Senior Member Percival Sweetwater's Avatar
    The Scream - Siouxsie and the Banshees - Vinyl rip

Systems of Romance - John Foxx from The Garden
    2 Duets controllers, 1 X Boom, 1 X Radio
    1 X Receiver + Edifier S1000DB
    1 X Receiver + Yamaha RX-A2000, Polk M70
    1 X Receiver + Boston MicroSystem CD
    Raspberry Pi 3 B+ HiFi Berry Amp2 7" touchscreen PiCorePlayer 6.0 Audioengine A5 ( passive mode )
    Raspberry Pi 2 B, HiFiBerry Dac+ & Max2play
    HTC 10 w/ Squeeze Ctrl
    ReadyNAS 516 LMS 7.9.2 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post

On Import CDs, I've ordered from them several times through Amazon, delivery to Canada, never a problem. But I've also ordered from several other of the Amazon vendors and never had a problem with any of them. I'm not worried about cracked cases if I ever received them, don't remember any, but I am ripping them and am unlikely to ever look at them again. When ordering from CDBaby I routinely get the CDs shipped without plastic.

r.
    I generally order used from the vendors on Amazon if there is a significant price break. These go straight to FLAC. Never had one that didn't rip satisfactorily. The jewel cases, broken or not, go in the trash.
    Regards,
    Jim

Right now I've just finished listening to the new Abigail Washburn CD, City of Refuge. Very nice indeed, a bit of a departure from her last CD (with the Sparrow Quartet). New band (without romantic and sometime musical partner Bela Fleck), virtuosos all.

R.

Thumbs up

Artie Traum - Acoustic Jazz Guitar , the whole album is just wonderful.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Reborn by ERA.

Actually I liked the song so much I wanted to share my listening experience on youtube. I know its lame, but I recorded my playback I picked up two CDs by ERA recently and I love them both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uogGVM0GgWM

I'm listening to the rest of the CD right now.

Joe Jackson Body and Soul !

His true masterpeice he was/is never better than this .

This is one of the 10 records i own where sound and music is equaly good very rare,
    You must listen before you die.

What he has done is recent years is soo cr*p he was once one of the best. His newer stuff is so bad please don't judge JJ for that, his early stuff is great music.
    But kudos to his spirit of trying new things even if he fails miserable at them ? He is brave have done things in almost all genres from post punk to classical.

Maybe JJ will make a great record again.. Just maybe

Edit: there is an exception " ever after" on "nigth music" most of nigth music is just boring not really bad as all other new JJ stuff.
    Last edited by Mnyb; 2011-02-26 at 14:58.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html