Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 502 of 505 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 5041
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    another great album with Eno's contribution (surprisingly?)
    Attachment 36860

I love the "soundscape" (for lack of a better description) he brings to allot of music. Similarly, Daniel Lanois (Emmylou Harris - Wreaking Ball, U2, etc.)

Jim
    Indeed. His handiwork is on a lot of stuff where you think “Eno? Really?” as well as the obvious where it’s more expected. One of his early twiddles but as sidekick to Steve Lilywhite was the debut album by Ultravox! - that’s the proper one with John Foxx. I’ve always considered it to be a great album from the early punk era albeit it wasn’t really punk it did have the necessary energy.

♪ Playing Satday Night In The City Of The Dead by Ultravox! from Ultravox! (1977) (905kbps VBR • 44.1kHz • FLC)

Name:  Shania Twain Up Red.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  25.1 KB Name:  Shania Twain Up Green.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  20.9 KB Name:  Shania Twain Up Blue.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  26.9 KB

Shania Twain, Up! (2002)

I was listening in the car to my "Alternate Takes - W" playlist (two or more versions of songs starting with W) when Shania Twain's 'Waiter, Bring Me Water" came up. It wasn't two different artists doing the song, it was two different takes by the same artist released at the same time. Turns out this was being made 20 years ago or so (released in November I believe), how time flies.

The album is really interesting. It was recorded and mixed in three different color-coded versions, only two of which were released in most markets, as a double album. You had to work to get all three. The versions were Pop (red), Country (green) and World (blue), with the latter having an Indian/Bollywood sound. The Pop and Country versions are both within the broader pop category, the Country one barely hanging on to that genre with a tiny bit of pedal steel. Although she's wearing a cowboy hat in the color-specific cover art.

Twain was in her prime, and with then-husband Mutt Lange wrote and recorded what is in my opinion a pop masterpiece, three different ways. It was hugely successful.

And it's still a great listen. Hearing "Waiter" (about a woman with her partner in a club, he's eying another woman, she needs the water to cool him off, quite amusing) led me to listen to the whole album again, mainly the Blue album. The Bollywood sound works pretty well.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare

Attachment 36860

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    another great album with Eno's contribution (surprisingly?)

I love the "soundscape" (for lack of a better description) he brings to allot of music. Similarly, Daniel Lanois (Emmylou Harris - Wreaking Ball, U2, etc.)

Jim
    Indeed. I really like this album, particularly the last track "Father and Daughter" - "I'm gonna stand guard like a postcard of a golden retriever". Maybe it's just having a daughter.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Name:  Shania Twain Up Red.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  25.1 KB Name:  Shania Twain Up Green.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  20.9 KB Name:  Shania Twain Up Blue.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  26.9 KB

Shania Twain, Up! (2002)
    Shania Twain... That's a name I haven't heard since I was a kid. Instantly took me back to the 2000's nostalgia.

What I am listening now:

Lofi Girl's channel on YouTube. It's a music stream with LoFi music, and I find it to be amazing as background noise when working.

Polish Jazz from last year. If you like modern jazz this is good.

♪ Playing Minneapolis – Police Game by sneaky jesus from For Joseph Riddle (Qobuz • 888kbps • 44.1kHz • FLC)
    https://open.qobuz.com/track/118810418
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

This lovely album was released on Friday - Tonkori in the Moonlight by Oki. Some interesting information at the Bandcamp link there.

Name:  a1480176306_16.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  52.8 KB

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Alcohol Joeboy

Not the kind of music I normally listen to, so this is making a nice change.
    Black Acid Soul by Lady Blackbird

Name:  a3294949306_16.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  63.7 KB

Robert
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

A couple of albums arrived yesterday:
    "W" by Boris
    Name:  a2457243056_16.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  74.7 KB

"Ants From Up There" by Black Country, New Road. This is the 4LP box set version with a live performance recorded at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, in front of what sounds like a very small audience (possibly owing to covid).
    Name:  0026378898_10.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  91.6 KB

Robert

♪ Playing The Trapper’s Pelts by Yard Act from Dark Days (2021) (Qobuz • 945kbps • 44.1kHz • FLC)
    https://open.qobuz.com/track/109778089

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes