Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 477 of 477 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 4770
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express (1977)
    That's a record sadly missing from my collection! I believe that Kraftwerk are about to re-release the original German versions of several of their LPs.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

An influx of records continues...

Ashtray Navigations LP plus 4 x CD set in a gatefold sleeve - Imaginary Greatest Hits. This psych band have a lengthy discography and this one is a vinyl LP accompanied by 4 CDs of material selected by four people. It's over 5h of music, so I haven't been able to fully investigate this yet. It was ordered direct from the band and it arrived a month earlier than I'd expected.

Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

And another recent arrival 2 x LP of live Pere Ubu recorded in Poland (except two tracks that had to come from a French performance owing to David Thomas blowing up his microphone!).

Pere Ubu - By Order Of Mayor Pawlicki.... Recorded relatively recently, it nevertheless includes a good proportion of early material from the late 1970s, and it's got a great live feel about it. Oddest coloured vinyl in my collection, though!

Robert

Name:  Pawlicki.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  20.6 KB

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Listening to this monotonous sound for 30 min to help my feeble brain recover a few cells. Probably a lost cause
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...eimers-at-bay/
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

06.30.06 by The Ghosts Project

Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  111.1 KB

I hope you will pardon this bit of self-indulgence on my part. I am, indeed, listening to this music. I do that from time to time because I like it, but I am also proud of it, even with its flaws. There are many albums on Spotify, but this is the only one that I recorded.

Fourteen years ago today, this duo of drums/percussion and amplified violin appeared on a live-performance radio show that I hosted. I used a mid/side stereo microphone to pick them up, because that was all that was available at the time. That microphone was ill suited for many of the performers on that show, but it was perfect for these. They set up with the violin's PA framing the drum kit, and I think the resulting sound stage is compelling.

The musicians liked it enough that they released their performance as an album. This is it. The last time I checked, it was also on YouTube, and maybe on Bandcamp.
    LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5 wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
    no high-end or esoteric audio gear
    1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired

The CD(bought from Amazon) must be a copy of an LP because the pops and scratches overwhelm the music. Pity

EDIT: on second thought I guess at the time of the recordings 1929-35 ,the recording may have been made to a wax cylinder or 78 and thereby low fidelty
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2020-06-30 at 10:08.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    06.30.06 by The Ghosts Project

I hope you will pardon this bit of self-indulgence on my part. I am, indeed, listening to this music. I do that from time to time because I like it, but I am also proud of it, even with its flaws. There are many albums on Spotify, but this is the only one that I recorded.

Fourteen years ago today, this duo of drums/percussion and amplified violin appeared on a live-performance radio show that I hosted. I used a mid/side stereo microphone to pick them up, because that was all that was available at the time. That microphone was ill suited for many of the performers on that show, but it was perfect for these. They set up with the violin's PA framing the drum kit, and I think the resulting sound stage is compelling.

The musicians liked it enough that they released their performance as an album. This is it. The last time I checked, it was also on YouTube, and maybe on Bandcamp.
    Listened to it on Spotify. Very nice stuff. Amazing recording quality given your description. Just listening I never would have guessed it was recorded under those circumstances. Great work.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Listened to it on Spotify. Very nice stuff. Amazing recording quality given your description. Just listening I never would have guessed it was recorded under those circumstances. Great work.
    Thanks! That was actually a great microphone for some situations, like a bluegrass band. It was surprising that it worked so well for this one.
    LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5 wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
    no high-end or esoteric audio gear
    1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    The CD(bought from Amazon) must be a copy of an LP because the pops and scratches overwhelm the music. Pity

EDIT: on second thought I guess at the time of the recordings 1929-35 ,the recording may have been made to a wax cylinder or 78 and thereby low fidelty
    A couple of great players. Tried to like your post and that of @garym but the way the forums are setup I cannot. Good stuff !

Santa Lucia

Santa Lucia by Andrea Bocelli