Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 455 of 455 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455
Results 4,541 to 4,546 of 4546
    Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Leftover Salmon - Bridges to Bert (1997) An interesting collection of music. Uses a lot of accordion and seems to be a mix of reggae, bluegrass with some blues/pop thrown in for good measure. Overall I'd give it at least 4 of 5 stars.
    I think it's 1993. Still sounds good.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Percy Grainger

Vol. 18 of the Complete Percy Grainger edition - Unaccompanied Vocal Pieces; currently "Recessional."

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I think it's 1993. Still sounds good.

R.
    You're right, thanks for the date correction.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Saw David the other night at Hugh's Room in Toronto. Nothing beats live music, but in its absence we've got some pretty fine albums.
    Love Bromberg. I have most of his albums and have seen him live many times (small band and big band). I'm seeing him in a few weeks performing solo. Can't wait.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
    Wilderness: PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Name:  Bromberg blues.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  65.3 KB
    Name:  bromberg 74.jpg
Size:  48.9 KB Name:  bromberg 18 sm.jpg
Size:  47.6 KB

The Blues, The Whole Blues and Nothing But The Blues by David Bromberg

Saw David the other night at Hugh's Room in Toronto. Nothing beats live music, but in its absence we've got some pretty fine albums.

He was playing in quintet form at Hugh's, a cracking band. Particularly notable were guitarist Mark Cosgrove and fiddler Nate Grower. David has said he doesn't play the way he used to (when he was a go-to sideman, played with Dylan, the Dead and many others, co-wrote with George Harrison, etc etc), before he had a two decade hiatus from performing, but plays now with more nuance, less speed, more time to think. Excellent player on acoustic and electric slide. Cosgrove provides some of the speed chops, phenomenal, and Grower, normally a bluegrass kind of guy, plays the fiddle like it was an electric guitar. Both electifying. David sings well, has kind of come into his own like many older blues guys, except he sings with a Jewish Philly accent and cadence, instead of the south or Chicago.

Thought the photos were interesting. The old b/w was taken by Robert Altman back in 1974, and the newer one is from this year at a festival (Bettye Lavette was on his arm, but I cropped her out to take the size down).

Had to delete original post, something was awry in the way it was displayed, this is a repost.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

♪ I'm listening to John Coltrane, Untitled Original 11383 - Take 1 from Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album (Deluxe Version)

This is superb!!!!!. Vinyl copy has been received but not yet digitised to FLAC
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng