Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 478 of 480 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480 LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 4792
  1. #4771
    Senior Member Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,155
    Seldom Post-Rock can convince with good vocals. A.A Williams in her song Melt can!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDWOjegH7c
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

  2. #4772
    I've been playing the newest LP from Einstürzende Neubauten - Alles in Allem, though it was released a couple of months ago, I'd ordered the deluxe box, with a double LP version (extra material) 2 x CDs, a DVD and a book - only to find it delayed by production difficulties.

    Name:  alles_in_allem_front_500.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  113.2 KB

    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

    last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

  3. #4773
    Senior Member Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I've been playing the newest LP from Einstürzende Neubauten - Alles in Allem, though it was released a couple of months ago, I'd ordered the deluxe box, with a double LP version (extra material) 2 x CDs, a DVD and a book - only to find it delayed by production difficulties.
    Blixa Bargelds Neubauten create a very nice and unique sound. They matured in a very good way imho.
    Blixa lately told in an interview that some songs he had liked on the regular CD only were dropped because of having a short enough album for vinyl. https://www.zeit.de/news/2020-05/12/...en-alle-aelter
    Now that you buy the 100€ Deluxe set with CD2 you also get these songs
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

  4. #4774
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Blixa Bargelds Neubauten create a very nice and unique sound. They matured in a very good way imho.
    Blixa lately told in an interview that some songs he had liked on the regular CD only were dropped because of having a short enough album for vinyl. https://www.zeit.de/news/2020-05/12/...en-alle-aelter
    Now that you buy the 100€ Deluxe set with CD2 you also get these songs
    Yes, it's been an interesting journey from the early material such as Kollaps. In those days I had to go to Virgin Records in Edinburgh to order in unusual vinyl like that, and odd cassette only releases! Blixa was a great member of The Bad Seeds for a time too.

    I've still got to watch the webcast videos on the DVD.

    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

    last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

  5. #4775
    This morning I'm playing Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To by Spacemen 3, bought on vinyl at a recent Record Store Day. This is the rehearsals recording from 1986, originally a bootleg, but nowadays it's a legit release.

    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

    last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

  6. #4776
    Recurring by Spacemen 3
    A Lake Of Teardrops by Spectrum & Silver Apples

    Both on vinyl, but now ripped.

    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

    last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

  7. #4777
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    Recurring by Spacemen 3
    A Lake Of Teardrops by Spectrum & Silver Apples

    Both on vinyl, but now ripped.

    Robert
    Out of interest what hardware and software do you use to rip vinyl?
    I’ve been using a Behringer UCA202 connected to tape circuit and VinylStudio. Both work very well but always wondering if better is availabie.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

  8. #4778
    Currently I'm ripping by connecting my Rega Fono Mini phono stage to the MacBook - the phono stage has a USB output, and I connect it via USB-C to the MacBook. I'm recording using Audacity, which needs to be started by command line for MacOS Catalina. I export from Audacity in flac 16/44, since I don't believe anything higher offers any benefits. The turntable is a ~24 year old Rega Planar 3 with a Denon DL-110 high output MC cartridge.

    Robert
    Last edited by Grumpy Bob; 2020-07-19 at 05:10.
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

    last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

  9. #4779
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    Currently I'm ripping by connecting my Rega Fono Mini phono stage to the MacBook - the phono stage has a USB output, and I connect it via USB-C to the MacBook. I'm recording using Audacity, which needs to be started by command line for MacOS Catalina. I export from Audacity in flac 16/44, since I don't believe anything higher offers any benefits. The turntable is a ~24 year old Rega Planar 3 with a Denon DL-110 high output MC cartridge.

    Robert
    I find Audacity to be hard work. Have you tried VinylStudio? Costs c £25 and takes some learning but I think well worth the investment. It does everything I need except Replay Gain but that’s easy to add at the end.

    Edit. I agree that there is little point going higher res than 16/44.1
    Last edited by d6jg; 2020-07-19 at 13:48.

  10. #4780
    I used Audacity to rip my vinyl LP collection and continue to use it when I buy LPs without a download. I've never found it hard work! I see that Vinyl Studio can be tested for five LP rips - I'll grab a copy and try it out next time.

    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

    last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •