Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 483 of 484 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484 LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 4836
    A 264 track jazz playlist from Qobuz containing a bunch of albums I don't own, notably Coltrane '58 and a bunch of other stuff. Renting music is pretty cool.
    Living Room: Pi3 w/Allo Digione Player (Wired), Max2Play w/LMS Server 8.0 and SqueezeLite
    Pioneer Elite VSX 80, Parasound 2125 v2
    KEF LS50's, Paradigm SE Center, SVS SB12-NSD Subwoofer, Paradigm Atom v.5 Surrounds
    Harmony Smart Control w/Hub and iPeng
    Dining Room: KEF Q100's
    Bedroom: Logitech Boom
    Porch: Boston Acoustics Voyager Metro II
    Router: Netgear R700P
    File Storage: Samsung T5 SSD
    Music Service: Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by Fahzz View Post
    A 264 track jazz playlist from Qobuz containing a bunch of albums I don't own, notably Coltrane '58 and a bunch of other stuff. Renting music is pretty cool.
    Renting music is cool, but buying music is better.

Can you share the Qobuz id? Or URL?

I subscribe to two music magazines. One is The Wire, which covers my tastes in experimental music. The other is Mojo, which is a bit of a counterpart! Anyway, the new issue of Mojo dropped today, and features an article on Kid A by Radiohead, an album I'd not listened to before. I had (and still have) a copy of OK Computer, which I've never really liked, so I guess that's why I never picked up a copy of Kid A. Twenty years on, I've finally played it (via Spotify) and find I rather like it. So that's good. And the cover CD is pretty good, too.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi Zero/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Renting music is cool, but buying music is better.

Can you share the Qobuz id? Or URL?
    Qobuz is a streaming service like Spotify and Tidal.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/discover
    Living Room: Pi3 w/Allo Digione Player (Wired), Max2Play w/LMS Server 8.0 and SqueezeLite
    KEF LS50's, Paradigm SE Center, SVS SB12-NSD Subwoofer, Paradigm Atom v.5 Surrounds

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I subscribe to two music magazines. One is The Wire, which covers my tastes in experimental music. The other is Mojo, which is a bit of a counterpart! Anyway, the new issue of Mojo dropped today, and features an article on Kid A by Radiohead, an album I'd not listened to before. I had (and still have) a copy of OK Computer, which I've never really liked, so I guess that's why I never picked up a copy of Kid A. Twenty years on, I've finally played it (via Spotify) and find I rather like it. So that's good. And the cover CD is pretty good, too.

Robert
    That's beauty of these services, You can try before you buy. I also tried to like Radiohead twenty years ago, but never got converted. Maybe I'll give it another spin.

That Coltrane '58 set that I mentioned is priced (ironically) around $58.00. I'd never buy it blind or based on reviews. Coltrane did a lot of things, and some of them don't appeal to me. It's still an investment even though it's excellent.

Also the big advances with LMS 8 and Qobuz integration are A. no ripping, and B. NO TAGGING. Given that this collection is a compilation that's a lot of wasted time avoided.

Robert
    That's beauty of these services, You can try before you buy. I also tried to like Radiohead twenty years ago, but never got converted. Maybe I'll give it another spin.

That Coltrane '58 set that I mentioned is priced (ironically) around $58.00. I'd never buy it blind or based on reviews. Coltrane did a lot of things, and some of them don't appeal to me. It's still an investment even though it's excellent.

Also the big advances with LMS 8 and Qobuz integration are A. no ripping, and B. NO TAGGING. Given that this collection is a compilation that's a lot of wasted time avoided.

Robert
    You might be unique in preferring Kid A to OK Computer. You'll be saying you like The King Of Limbs next

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I frequently find that tags on music files I've bought don't match other files in my collection. I always review the tags, and generally edit them before adding the files to my server.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi Zero/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

I listened to this on the TV BBC Sounds app, using RF Headphones, impressive in many senses.

Should be available on the iPlayer or BBC sounds App.

Edit: I've actually watched it twice now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Study Player:
    LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.1.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B pCp 6.1.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Headphone Players: x2: pCp 6.1.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
    Streamer/Player pCp 6.1.0 on Pi 3B/IQ Audio Codec+
    Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Qobuz is a streaming service like Spotify and Tidal.
    Yes, I subscribe to that. But I was curious about the playlist you mentioned. When you open the playlist in your browser, the ID is the numbers at the end of the URL in the address bar.

This is an example of a playlist I like:
    https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/3728562

(you can use that number in the search box in LMS to play it there)