Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 506 of 510 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 5100
    Had a consignment of vinyl this week, including:

Portron Portron Lopez - Ice Cream Soufi (Dinked edition). As mentioned a few posts ago..and this one just grows and grows...it's available as a 'name your price' download on Bandcamp.
    Son House - Forever On My Mind. A set recorded in the 1960s nicely restored and pressed.
    FIRE! featuring Stephen O'Malley and David Sandström - Requiēs. This one's odd, it's a one-sided LP with a single track and the reverse side is screen printed. Noise Jazz, it's described as.
    Laibach - Wir Sind Das Volk – Ein Musical aus Deutschland (nach Texten von Heiner Müller) . Rather dubious cover artwork, this seems to be reflecting on concepts of 'the people', especially in a political context.
    Elektro Nova - Electro Nova - drone noisescapes fashioned by a Norwegian guy while studying photography in the UK, later he became a professional racing cyclist. Which is one of the oddest back stories.

I've noticed download codes with LPs are getting a bit rarer, only two of these had digital downloads available.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Currently working, so listening to LoFi girl.

I swear there's something to LoFi that makes me feel "yep, today is gonna be a good day".

We have a bit of a heatwave in UK today and next few days so I’m listening in my garden.

♪ I'm listening to Elvis Costello with Burt Bacharach, What's Her Name Today? from Painted From Memory

IPeng on iPhone connected by USB to Libratone Zipp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Senza Una Donna

Original by Zucchero and duet with Paul Young.

Sublime pop - how times have changed...
    Last edited by castalla; 2022-07-24 at 20:49.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Television - Marquee Moon. It only took me 45 years to get around to it

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Television - Marquee Moon. It only took me 45 years to get around to it

Great album. I have it, and also have not dusted it off in quite some time. I just looked and found I also have "Television" I did not remember that. I think I'll find out what that sounds like!

Jim

There wasn’t much exposure to this in the UK before now. Suddenly it’s noticed courtesy of a McDonald’s TV advert.

♪ Playing Coming Home by Leon Bridges from Coming Home (2015) (Qobuz • 2856kbps 96kHz FLC)
    https://open.qobuz.com/track/25189571
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Just downloaded and listened to the new They Might be Giants compilation "Idlewild" (free for a short period of time) - https://tmbgshop.com/collections/all...ation-download

Not a greatest hits by any means, but some interesting, quirky (always) stuff, and very upbeat, good for activities

Of Interest, an electronic version of "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)"'

If you like them (or not) get it while it's free! (at least it is in the US)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Just downloaded and listened to the new They Might be Giants compilation "Idlewild" (free for a short period of time) - https://tmbgshop.com/collections/all...ation-download

Not a greatest hits by any means, but some interesting, quirky (always) stuff, and very upbeat, good for activities

Of Interest, an electronic version of "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)"'

If you like them (or not) get it while it's free! (at least it is in the US)

Jim
    Good spot. How long did you have to wait for the email with download links?

I've been listening to Jackie Leven's The Mystery of Love (is Greater than the Mystery of Death via Qobuz. Good article about him in the new issue of Mojo.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick