Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 481 of 482 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 4815
    I've been playing three albums picked up via Record Store Day drop 1 last weekend, though actually I ordered them online as I was unable to reach a record store for pickup.

The Fall - [AusturbŠjarbݡ] - ReykjavÝk Live 1983. A very "live" recording, there's tape hum noticeable at times. This was recorded in the run-up to the release of Perverted by Language and is a good live representation of the band of that period, just before Brix joined. Double LP on splodgy red/yellow vinyl, it was originally released in 2001. This release has a much improved cover!

Avid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. - Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo. A double LP on pink vinyl, a long and noodly excursion for this ridiculously productive band (in terms of numbers of releases!). Probably one for the aficionados.

Thomas Leer - Emotional Hardware - on CD. Leer seems to have been around for ages (though the only other Thomas Leer album in my collection is Contradictions, on vinyl from 1982). Kind of motorik-style electronica, I particularly like the title track.
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post

Beautiful music. Also a beautiful CD package. I bought the music from ArtistShare and downloaded as hi-res files, but got the CD package anyway because Schneider's art production is so good. Just a beautiful cover and beautiful annotations.

R.
    Quite often it's the album packaging that persuades me to buy albums on vinyl...and occasionally CDs if there's something special about the presentation.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Attachment 31469

Data Lords, from the Maria Schneider Orchestra, released end July 2020.

Maria Schneider is probably the only musician who has won Grammys in all of Classical (for an album with Dawn Upshaw), Pop/Rock (for a song with David Bowie) and Jazz (with her own Maria Schneider Orchestra). Beautiful and lush and sometimes edgy, with outstanding orchestral and solo/improvisational work. Also political, she's not a fan of the Facebooks and Googles of the world, hence the Data Lords reference.

Beautiful music. Also a beautiful CD package. I bought the music from ArtistShare and downloaded as hi-res files, but got the CD package anyway because Schneider's art production is so good. Just a beautiful cover and beautiful annotations.

R.
    Looks interesting. I looked on Spotify before realising it obviously wouldn't be on there

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes, it wouldn't be on Spotify. She's testified before congressional committees on intellectual property issues as seen from a musician's perspective, not friendly towards Spotify.

But she's no luddite. Her music is distributed digitally as downloads, aside from being available in digital/CD form, and she makes good use of her own online presence.

There's a nice video with some music at https://www.artistshare.com/projects.../510#offerlist. There are snippets of Data Lords on her website at https://mariaschneider.com/home/albuminfo?id=1083.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Hearing some new music (for me) from Tidal
    Live at Rockpalast Alter Wartesaal, K÷ln, Germany 10th March, 1994 by Jimmy Barnes
    Last edited by sota748; 2020-09-09 at 14:28.

Little Feat "Old Folk's Boogie" which seems fitting today as I am feeling my age
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

In honour of the OP finnbrodersen who posted Black Betty by Ram Jam nearly 10 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiCEVl_9-MM
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Senior Member Percival Sweetwater's Avatar
    Toots & The Maytals - Funky Kingston

Name:  FK.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  106.4 KB

Listening on Riddim 1 Radio, Kingston, JA
    RIP true legend!

Excellent Station with no adds and little administration visible. Even had to hack their web page to get an icon.
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Study Player:
    LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.1.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B pCp 6.1.0 Server/IQ Audio DAC+
    Headphone Players: x2: pCp 6.1.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
    Streamer/Player pCp 6.1.0 on Pi 3B/IQ Audio Codec+
    Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    Excellent Station with no adds and little administration visible. Even had to hack their web page to get an icon.
    Very nice! Their m3u playlists still use http urls, but they need to be changed to https. This is the url that works for me for the 320 kbps stream:

https://thesoundofjazz.net:8000/TheSoundOfJazzHD
    LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5 wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
    no high-end or esoteric audio gear
    1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired