Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 510 of 512 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512 LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5113
    I've been playing the Deluxe reissue of The Heads - Under Sided which just arrived on Friday. 4 LPs, 2 CDs, a booklet, a slip mat and some stickers. No download code for the vinyl though...

Name:  193215-the-heads-under-sided-deluxe.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  85.1 KB

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

The 2018 remix of Animals by Pink Floyd. I have to say it is a revelation. Anyone else listened to it. It is available on Tidal. Other streaming services are available

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    The 2018 remix of Animals by Pink Floyd. I have to say it is a revelation. Anyone else listened to it. It is available on Tidal. Other streaming services are available

Yep. It’s also on Qobuz. I listened to it the other night and it sounds appreciably different. Everything seems clearer somehow.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Yep. It’s also on Qobuz. I listened to it the other night and it sounds appreciably different. Everything seems clearer somehow.
    They have done something odd to Psalm 23 in Sheep but in general it sounds much more dynamic and Floyd like.

I have this Mix. In my youth we saw this tour in Cleveland Ohio, their outdoor baseball stadium, maybe 77? Floyd was our favorite band. I'll always remember the set - all of animals - all of wish you were here - encore of us and them and money. Show over.

They also had the floating pig, sheep parachutes, and some other inflatable (a couch?). Of course the sound was 70's outdoor stadium crap

@slarti, thanks for the reminder, I'll put it on tomorrow...**

Jim

edit - ** ahhh, I don't have this mix, I have a 2016 release. Just ordered it on blu-ray for the 5.1. Thanks again for the heads up...charade you are
    Last edited by Redrum; 2022-09-29 at 04:51. Reason: fixed another of my many mistakes made while in a hurry :)

Peter Perrett - How the West was Won

Name:  perrett.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  107.2 KB

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I have this Mix. In my youth we saw this tour in Cleveland Ohio, their outdoor baseball stadium, maybe 77? Floyd was our favorite band. I'll always remember the set - all of animals - all of wish you were here - encore of us and them and money. Show over.

They also had the floating pig, sheep parachutes, and some other inflatable (a couch?). Of course the sound was 70's outdoor stadium crap

@slarti, thanks for the reminder, I'll put it on tomorrow...**

Jim

edit - ** ahhh, I don't have this mix, I have a 2016 release. Just ordered it on blu-ray for the 5.1. Thanks again for the heads up...charade you are
    The last remaster was in 2011 I think. This 2018 remix only got released this month due to the normal bickering of Waters and Gilmour

Junior Kimbrough
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.1 - 1669444770 @ Sat 26 Nov 2022 07:52:21 AM CET
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.34.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.074
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

Listened to it this weekend. I agree, with only subtle changes from the original recording, it sounds so different.

Time for some new music.

Name:  Allvays Blue Rev.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  70.3 KB

Alvvays, Blue Rev

Toronto band Alvvays, featuring east-coaster Molly Rankin, has alvvays been a class act in some sort of pop space. Their latest, Blue Rev, is great. Here's Pitchfork:

So let’s hang a sign over Alvvays and their astonishingly great album Blue Rev as the sound of the genre today. Call it dream-power pop, power pop-gaze, nü-power pop, it doesn’t matter—it’s just one Toronto band absorbing its spirit, mastering its construction, and making it all their own.

Name:  rolling golden holy.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  61.3 KB

Bonny Light Horseman, Rolling Golden Holy

I've long been a fan of singer/songwriter/folkie/popster Anaïs Mitchell, and regretted the long hiatus when she was commanding Broadway with the musical production Hadestown (8 Tonys). She's been back with a new power band under the name Bonny Light Horseman featuring a kind of power pop folky kind of thing. This is their second album. Truly excellent.

Ron
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare