Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 469 of 471 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471 LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 4709
    This arrived on Saturday. Boris - Feedbacker. Rather good, though the lock groove at the end of each side of the vinyl version is a little irritating! I have the new reissue on vinyl - originally released 2003.
    Name:  cover500.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  144.7 KB
    Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by tombaker View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new here.Usually I listen to classical music, The Arena is playing now.
    Lindsey stirling
    Lindsey Stirling is an interesting musician. I wish there was less Mormonism in her public presentation.

I'm wondering if you are by chance the Tom Baker (musician, conductor) from the Durham region of Ontario? If so, happy 75th!

Feel free to private-message me.

Ron
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

heh, I'm not him, but do not mind being him)

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (1975) - I believe this is the pop/rock transition album - Excellent!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

The Who

Ball and Chain
    • Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:15:02 CET 2020
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    The Who

Ball and Chain
    Not familiar with this particular "Ball and Chain", however this same song title from "Big Brother & the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills" is great as is the whole album. I may be biased since I saw Big Brother w/Janis basically do this album back in the day.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Not familiar with this particular "Ball and Chain", however this same song title from "Big Brother & the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills" is great as is the whole album. I may be biased since I saw Big Brother w/Janis basically do this album back in the day.
    The Who just released a new album,called "Who" after 13 since their last album. Daltrey still has a powerful voice

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...review-919564/
    • Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:15:02 CET 2020
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

The Best of Fad Gadget.

Frank Tovey (aka Fad Gadget) was one of the early signings to the Mute label. His single Back To Nature was the second release on Mute and is a real favourite of mine - this album is a strong compilation of 18 tracks on silver vinyl/flac download. He died some years ago, but there's a memorial rendition of 4:33 on STUMM433 in his name (STUMM433 is a collection of interpretations of Cage's 4:33 by Mute artists - the Fad Gadget track is the only truly silent track).

Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  115.2 KB

Merry Christmas!

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    The Best of Fad Gadget.

Frank Tovey (aka Fad Gadget) was one of the early signings to the Mute label. His single Back To Nature was the second release on Mute and is a real favourite of mine - this album is a strong compilation of 18 tracks on silver vinyl/flac download. He died some years ago, but there's a memorial rendition of 4:33 on STUMM433 in his name (STUMM433 is a collection of interpretations of Cage's 4:33 by Mute artists - the Fad Gadget track is the only truly silent track).

Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  115.2 KB

Merry Christmas!

Robert
    Loved 'Ricky's Hand' way back then (still do for that matter).

Merry Christmas.