Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    I'm almost positive there used to be a fullscreen option in Squeezeplay. Has that been taken away?

I can confirm, see the attachment. They are 800x600 because I think that's the native resolution of the skin maybe (and I was using LogMeIn to access my home PC).
    Squeezeplay is almost full screen when I bump my resolution down to 800x600. My laptop resolution is normally 1366x768.

I know this is quite an old thread, but I used info in there to manage a fullscreen skin for squeezeplay, that I think people could be interested in.

I found out in this thread that there used to be a fullscreen skin in squeezeplay, and the name of the file to change to re-enable it.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ay-full-screen

but the skin wasn't working super nice. So I decided to alter it. Well, I literally took another skin and put it inplace of the fullscreen one, but replaced the skin at its intended size (of 800x600)

I also tried at 1024*768 (only change the values in FullscreenSkinApplet) and it worked good, but my intention is to put it on a 800x600 screen.
    Anyway, here's the files I modified and how it works. Oddly ennough, its all-black-background. I figure some people might like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    I know this is quite an old thread, but I used info in there to manage a fullscreen skin for squeezeplay, that I think people could be interested in.

I found out in this thread that there used to be a fullscreen skin in squeezeplay, and the name of the file to change to re-enable it.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ay-full-screen

but the skin wasn't working super nice. So I decided to alter it. Well, I literally took another skin and put it inplace of the fullscreen one, but replaced the skin at its intended size (of 800x600)

I also tried at 1024*768 (only change the values in FullscreenSkinApplet) and it worked good, but my intention is to put it on a 800x600 screen.
    Anyway, here's the files I modified and how it works. Oddly ennough, its all-black-background. I figure some people might like it.
    Thicko here ... where do the files go, and how do I select the full screen display?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Castalla.

the files are meant to replace those already present in C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\SqueezePlay\lua\applets\Fullscree nSkin
    (it couldn't hurt to make a backup.) I tried to create a new folder and make a "new skin" but haven't managed to get it to work yet, so it is in fact "replacing" an unused skin.

then you start squeezePlay, and from its main menu you go Settings> Screen> Select Skin> it is called "Desktop Skin"

The skin is pretty much WQVGA Large Print that has been extended to a specific resolution <- that was part of the original fullscreen skin, that I think was non-adaptive at a set size.

here's screenshots of what it currently looks on mine.

Name:  squeezePlay2.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  11.9 KBName:  squeezePlay3.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  19.8 KBName:  squeezePlay4.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  9.3 KB

ok I realize it looks smallish on pictures, but its 800x600

Further changes is possible, but I feel this is an "acceptable" fullscreen skin that people might enjoy.

EDIT!!: It seems if you maximize, the skin actually takes the whole screen. Making it truely fullscreen!

Name:  Squeezeplay-fullscreen.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  17.0 KB

again, I see it looks smallish in screenshots on the forums, but it is now 1280x992 - no changes.
    Last edited by Marsupial; 2013-03-02 at 06:39.

Thanks.

Sort of works - but although I get a big font, it isn't filling the screen - probably my netbook resolution?

Pity you lose the back arrow ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried maximising the window? for me it worked.

there are still things that could be fixed, but for a quick fix it works. Most now playing visualization are bad too.

You're welcome to give a hand if you can manage to decipher their scripts.

Have you tried maximising the window? for me it worked.

there are still things that could be fixed, but for a quick fix it works. Most now playing visualization are bad too.

You're welcome to give a hand if you can manage to decipher their scripts.
    Maxing the window just leaves the text over to the left.

Sorry - no idea about lua scripts.

That is odd. The modified skin goes to a correct fullscreen for me. Are you on windows7?

I am getting OK at understanding their scripts and have altered the skin to my tastes, having a custom background and resizing the visualization. So far that's the extent of my understanding of their scripts.

I am having less luck with altering their maping script to use my numpad. (I want to make an external numpad available for control, but they don't map those keys and I can't seem to make all of it work

That is odd. The modified skin goes to a correct fullscreen for me. Are you on windows7?

I am getting OK at understanding their scripts and have altered the skin to my tastes, having a custom background and resizing the visualization. So far that's the extent of my understanding of their scripts.

I am having less luck with altering their maping script to use my numpad. (I want to make an external numpad available for control, but they don't map those keys and I can't seem to make all of it work
    Yep - win7

That is odd.

here's what it looks like with my recent alterations. You see it goes to a good fullscreen on my end. does it look anything like this on your side (minus my added background)? Maybe the files aren't place appropriately or something?

Name:  squeezePlayReskin.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  17.3 KBName:  squeezePlayReskin-albums.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  22.6 KBName:  squeezePlayReskin-fullscreen.jpg
Size:  15.0 KBName:  squeezePlayReskin-fullscreen-visu.jpg
Size:  13.7 KBName:  squeezePlayReskin-visu2.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  9.5 KB