Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcampbel3 View Post
    Just install squeeze play on windows and I believe you need a plugin to allow switching control targets... Then you can use squeeze play just like a controller
    Do you mean the Choose Player function to control players other than SP itself? That is readily available without plugins.

-Skinny
    This sentence says less than a list of audio equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by rcampbel3 View Post
    Just install squeeze play on windows and I believe you need a plugin to allow switching control targets... Then you can use squeeze play just like a controller
    Call me a thicko, but I can't find how to download and install squeezeplay. Googling just takes me to a wiki where the link to downloads appears to be for the squeeze server.

Any clues?

Thanks

Squeezeplay is forever-beta, so you have to look in the "nightly" directory (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/). You can take your pick of 7.5 or 7.6 -- I would go with the latter.

I'm loving SqueezePlay! There's no full screen version of it though, and Logitech say it will never leave beta and it's mainly for devs to play around with rather than production software. I can understand why, because it directly competes with the very expensive duet controller.

I'm still amazed that there's such a gap in the market that hasn't been filled yet. Maybe we should lobby the guys behind iPeng to do something?

Quote Originally Posted by citizen10bears View Post
    I'm loving SqueezePlay! There's no full screen version of it though, and Logitech say it will never leave beta and it's mainly for devs to play around with rather than production software. I can understand why, because it directly competes with the very expensive duet controller.

I'm still amazed that there's such a gap in the market that hasn't been filled yet. Maybe we should lobby the guys behind iPeng to do something?
    We have five computers in our home. 1 High school senior. 2 in college. Squeezeplay allows everyone to listen to what they want while doing their school work. Great piece of forever beta software.

Basically, everyone can listen to their own music and believe me in our house music taste varies greatly.

Does squeezeplay only work with the latest version of slimserver? I cant find the settings screen to enter the IP addy of my slimserver. (and it's not finding it on its own).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dwc View Post
    Does squeezeplay only work with the latest version of slimserver?
    Probably whichever version was released when the Radio was released.

I cant find the settings screen to enter the IP addy of my slimserver. (and it's not finding it on its own).
    Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries

Once you've added the server you should see it in the menu under

My Music > Switch Library

Thanks and yep, I'd need to update my slimserver. Appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen10bears View Post
    Maybe we should lobby the guys behind iPeng to do something?

He has already posted on this thread!
    Custom mini itx server in a 1940s radio case, currently being revamped to add XBMC, Acer Revo as a stand-in. Favourite 7,500 tracks on the Touch USB server.
    Kitchen --- SB3>Aego M
    Conservatory --- >SB3 (custom case)>Musical Fidelity Tempest>Canon S50
    Lounge---SB Touch>yamaha 863>Kef3005SE\Sennheiser RS 170
    Bedroom---SB3>Audioengine A3
    Bathroom---Radio, now work in progress
    Gaming room/roving commission---Boom
    Control---Ipeng on Iphone,Pod and Pad
    More Audiofool than Audiophile!

I'm almost positive there used to be a fullscreen option in Squeezeplay. Has that been taken away?

I can confirm, see the attachment. They are 800x600 because I think that's the native resolution of the skin maybe (and I was using LogMeIn to access my home PC).
    Last edited by gorman; 2010-10-27 at 06:43.