Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

better windows app to control squeezebox

Hi all,

I currently use my iphone to control my squeezebox gadgets. but it's small and fiddly. and the web interface supplied by logitech isn't up to much.

So I'm looking for a sleek and sexy windows app that I can run on my touchscreen pc where I can scroll through albums (like coverflow) and select music to listen to.

Are there any 3rd party apps like this? I guess something more like you get on a media centre.

TIA
    C10B

Quote Originally Posted by citizen10bears View Post
    Hi all,

I currently use my iphone to control my squeezebox gadgets. but it's small and fiddly. and the web interface supplied by logitech isn't up to much.

So I'm looking for a sleek and sexy windows app that I can run on my touchscreen pc where I can scroll through albums (like coverflow) and select music to listen to.

Are there any 3rd party apps like this? I guess something more like you get on a media centre.

TIA
    C10B

Moose
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

thanks phil.

any others?

just downloading moose - but it does look a bit last century. (judging only on screenshots on their website http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove/ )

better windows app to control squeezebox

Quoting citizen10bears (citizen10bears.4j1kvb1287428881 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I currently use my iphone to control my squeezebox gadgets. but it's
    > small and fiddly. and the web interface supplied by logitech isn't up
    > to much.

haven't you tried iPeng on the iphone?

So it needs to run under Windows _and_ meet your criteria for "this century" (whatever that is)...

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by ddewey View Post
    Quoting citizen10bears (citizen10bears.4j1kvb1287428881 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I currently use my iphone to control my squeezebox gadgets. but it's
    > small and fiddly. and the web interface supplied by logitech isn't up
    > to much.

haven't you tried iPeng on the iphone?
    Yes i have and i like it. But in the corner of my room i have an always on, all in one pc with a multi touch screen. and however good ipeng is, i would still like to use the bigger screen.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    So it needs to run under Windows _and_ meet your criteria for "this century" (whatever that is)...

Right.
    That is correct. Something that looks like Apple created it would be fab. Itunes meets squeeze server. Lovely.

Buy an iPad.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Buy an iPad.
    It's on my xmas list! but santa is broke this year so my hopes aren't very high.

Squeezeplay as controller

Just install squeeze play on windows and I believe you need a plugin to allow switching control targets... Then you can use squeeze play just like a controller