Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    You have an iPad and you are a Squeezebox user? Or you do already use iPeng and you feel you sometimes need a big screen to search for stuff. The Squeezebox web interface is too slow for you? Then we’ve got something for you: iPeng for iPad is here.

iPeng for iPad is not just a scaled-up version of the iPeng App for iPhone and iPod, it’s a completely rewritten App with a new and exciting user interface.
    And you have done it again.

About 2 years ago you revolutionized the Squeezebox experience with iPeng on iPhone/iPod Touch and when it's now also available on the iPad it takes these products to the next level.

As the number one Squeezebox control application, iPeng is now back among the 6 iPad dock icons on the bottom of my iPad.

I can't wait to see how this will evolve in the future.

Really great work!
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

First bug for you.

If you go into current playlist, click edit, select all tracks and delete them. You then close the current playlist popout and add a new track to the current playlist. When you go back into the playlist it doesn't show that track you just added.

If you click the save button but then cancel out it seems to cause a refresh on the playlist and the tracks then properly show up.

ANNOUNCE: iPeng for iPad - Your Squeezebox Remote GetsBig

Got it! Looking very good, pippin!

I love the album cover browsing.

Peter

Crashed on first start, but started on second try.

I'm confused most by the fact you put the playlist to the left and player selection to the right (far away from the player symbol).

After playing around a bit I decided to search for the quote where you bashed Sonos for just using their iPhone screens and somewhere arranging them in their iPad App

Anyway: good work and lets have enough arguments, that people buy both Apps !
    As I like it simple I'll stay with SqueezePad, iPeng was and is just too overwhelming for my simple mind

Found this easter-egg - is it by intention ?
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2010-10-15 at 12:30.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

And another minor bug with context menu when you change orientation while they are open
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

My first request:

Not stretch the art on the now playing screen if the art isn't high enough resolution. All my art is 500x500 but starts looking a little fuzzy if stretched.

Thanks,
    Jeff

formerly known as Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by flattermann View Post
    Pippin,

Thanks, great look and feel! :-)

The bigger screen is really a huge improvement for browsing the library conveniently.
    Can't wait to see a tablet version of Squeezecommander

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    If you go into current playlist, click edit, select all tracks and delete them. You then close the current playlist popout and add a new track to the current playlist. When you go back into the playlist it doesn't show that track you just added.

If you click the save button but then cancel out it seems to cause a refresh on the playlist and the tracks then properly show up.
    yes, I know about that one. This as well as the popup positioning will be fixed by an update I'll submit tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    I'm confused most by the fact you put the playlist to the left and player selection to the right (far away from the player symbol).
    Well, I have to put it somewhere.
    I agree it's not perfect and sometimes it still confuses me, too, however I don't have a better solution yet.
    My first tries had the player symbol on the right where the other player controls are and the "Play/Skip" buttons on the left where the other playlist controls are but that looked even more ugly (I still don't like that top bar).
    I'm open for suggestions. There's one thing I will change and that is that there will be an option to move the playlist into the main menu window in a later release.
    The big issue is that I want the playlist on the left so that you can see it and the content of a menu at the same time.
    After playing around a bit I decided to search for the quote where you bashed Sonos for just using their iPhone screens and somewhere arranging them in their iPad App
    I bashed them for ONLY doing that. In the Sonos app you have a permanent side-by-side view of their three main screens: Zones, NowPlaying and Main Menu. With 40x40 artwork. Cool.
    Anyway: good work and lets have enough arguments, that people buy both Apps !
    definitely
    As I like it simple I'll stay with SqueezePad, iPeng was and is just too overwhelming for my simple mind
    It's always been my credo and always will be: I rank "efficient to use" above "easy to understand". I'm the impatient kind of guy and well ready to learn a UI to save some clicks when I use it later. I just use this too often for too long to waste time with deep menus.
    So there is plenty of room for "easy to understand, slower to use" UIs with deep menu structures, lots of "do you want to play, add or do whatever" menus (another Sonos annoyance) kind of apps out there for people who feel differently about this.
    Found this easter-egg - is it by intention ?
    of course. I even announced it above here in the thread. But that window looks truncated, have to have a look at that... Ah, wait, did I maybe step into the same trap that SqueezePad always gets hit with me: Is you iPad locked to landscape orientation?
    And another minor bug with context menu when you change orientation while they are open
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    Not stretch the art on the now playing screen if the art isn't high enough resolution. All my art is 500x500 but starts looking a little fuzzy if stretched.
    Please file a ticket. But there's no chance I'm going to do that in this extreme form, I have too many _really_ small artwork samples in my library and a 64x64 image just looks even worse in 64x64 than in 768x768 on that screen.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Oh, and btw: the Playlist is not the iPhone screen.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Smile

love it - this is in a totally different league from the standard iPeng app - and that I thought was brilliant. It worked straight out the box. There is just so much additional functionality that takes a few moments to readjust to - but it is so inuative. You keep finding extra ways of doing things.
    Pippin - you have taken it to a new level. This has to be the top app for any Squeezebox owning ipad owner. You can sleep well tonight - no more logging on to this forum at 4am please..............