Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Duet appears to be playing on the controller but no sound

Hope someone can help me. I have both a Duet and a Classic. Both were working fine until a last week when the Duet stopped having any audio. The Classic still works great. I can even sync the two and the Classic continues to play, but the Duet does not product any audio. According to the controller the music should be playing and when I log onto mysqueezebox.com it states the Duet is "connected." I have rebooted the box, reset the box's to factory settings and reverted the controller's firmware back to r8673 as per another thread's suggestion for a Duet not working, all to no avail. One odd thing that may be a clue to the problem is that whenever i try to play any music and see it "playing" on the controller, if I press pause or try to move to the next song, the progression bar immediately reverts back to the start of that song that is supposed to be playing.
    Any thoughts? I am completely frustrated and would love any info or hunches someone may have.
    thanks

What color is the front light on the receiver?
    While playing it should be bright white.
    If it is dark, did you try to switch on the receiver on the controller?
    Co van Winsum

Yes, it's white. It seems to work as it is supposed to - turns on and off and shows correctly on the controller, just no sound - and I've checked the connections to the receiver/speaker - all in working order. Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by homer74 View Post
    Yes, it's white. It seems to work as it is supposed to - turns on and off and shows correctly on the controller, just no sound - and I've checked the connections to the receiver/speaker - all in working order. Any other thoughts?
    Are you running off of MySB.com or your computer/Squeezebox server? If you can do both, try switching to the other one and see if you get any different result from one vs. the other. Sometimes switching back and forth will clear the hairball.

Finally, have you done the 100% re-do......which would include factory reset, pulling the power plug on the receiver, powering down & rebooting your routers AND removing controller the battery for a minute before powering everything up sequentially, starting with your routers?
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

Switching doesn't help unfortunately. As for the 100% redo, I've done each - but maybe not in that order. Assume the order is "reset" the box, unplug, pull battery, reboot router, put battery back in, plug in Duet and set up?

Switching doesn't help unfortunately. As for the 100% redo, I've done each - but maybe not in that order. Assume the order is "reset" the box, unplug, pull battery, reboot router, put battery back in, plug in Duet and set up?
    Yes....and make sure you power up the receiver BEFORE you power up the controller.

And, you've checked the diagnostics to make sure all your ports are open, if on wireless, that your signal is strong???
    Last edited by rgro; 2010-10-13 at 11:00.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

I know it sounds like an insulting suggestion, but have you checked the volume level on the Controller?

I have had an occasional issue with just these symptoms where I have found the volume on the Controller has been set to zero. I have diagnosed this as either:
    a. A firmware bug
    b. Some numpty in the family has turned off the sound from the hi-fi by turning the volume on the Controller all the way down!

Worth checking...
    Matt
    SqueezeBoxes: 2 x piCorePlayers
    Server: One of the piCorePlayers
    Livingroom: pCP, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2 speakers
    Dining: piCorePlayer, Steljes NS3 active speakers

no insult taken - having two small kids, it's happened more times than I can remember. the volume on the receiver or controller was not the issue. rebooted and reset everything a few times and it appears to have cleared whatever the issue was.
    really appreciate all the help guys.
    cheers

May be the same poster at the other logitech forum, but for the benefit of others reading this thread, the info below solved the exact problem for the other poster:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeez...nd/td-p/499812
    =======================================
    This may not solve your problem, but the following steps often solve a myriad of problems.

1. unplug receiver, remove battery from controller
    2. turn off computer running SbS and unplug/turn off router
    3. turn on router, let fully start
    4. turn on computer and let SbS fully start
    5. plug in receiver
    6. return battery to controller

I know you may say that the WIFI or ethernet is working fine because other things work, but sometimes the IP addresses, DHCP server, etc. etc. get sideways and a complete reboot of EVERYTHING, in the order above, solves the problem. Good luck.
    ==============================================