Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Once again many thanks for your help
    $ "/usr/bin/rtl_fm" -f "104.3M" -s 200000 -r 44100 | aplay -r 44100 -f S16_LE
    Found 1 device(s):
    0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
    Detached kernel driver
    Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
    Tuner gain set to automatic.
    Tuned to 104600000 Hz.
    Oversampling input by: 6x.
    Oversampling output by: 1x.
    Buffer size: 6.83ms
    Sampling at 1200000 S/s.
    Output at 200000 Hz.
    Lecture données brutes 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Fréquence 44100 Hz, Mono
    perte!!! (au moins longue de 0,015 ms)
    ^CSignal caught, exiting!

User cancel, exiting...
    Interrompu par le signal Interrompre...
    Reattached kernel driver

Good - identical device to mine.

What sort of player are you using ? SB3, TOuch, Squeezeplay, Squeezelite,pcp et.c

squeezebox
    but i squeeze radio and a boom i can try on it if you think it can be different

squeezebox2 for precision

Quote Originally Posted by tanguy View Post
    squeezebox2 for precision
    I test with an SB Receiver, Ubuntu x64-86 and same SDR h/w so quite close to your system - so I need to think what could be different on your system.

I wonder if permission is an issue - I'm not sure if the SDR stick comes under special hardware group access or access to "audio" hardware group

Do you run LMS as a service or as a logged in user ?
    If LMS is run as a service what is the userid which is used ? typically it is something like squeezeboxserver

I'm not sure what device rtl_fm uses to access the SDR stick.

The possible device are /dev/dvb/adaptor0 or /dev/swradio0

Try listing these devices
    ls -Rl /dev/dev/dvb/adaptor0
    ls -l/dev/swradio0

The ownership could be something like root, plugdev - in which case add LMS user (e.g. squeezeboxserver) to the "plugdev" (or what is on yoru system) group

If that doesn't work try changing device permissions but this may need to be done everytime stick is plugged in.

I think these devices have no RW "other" permission.
    You try to add RW to these devices e.g.

sudo chmod -R o+rw /dev/swradio0
    sudo chmod -R o+rw /dev/dvb/adaptor0

I've simulated my system not being able to access the SDR device (or device not installed) and the error is very similar to the one in your log.

So the problem is that LMS cannot access the SDR device - try adding to relevant group such as plugdev first.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    In theory most USB RTL SDR stick can also play DAB stations but I have not found an available equivalent for DAB as "rtl_fm"

If you are technical (i.e. able to build application) - there are possibilties.
    Interesting!
    Would DAB work with this rtl-dab, i found on github? FM is beeing phased-out in a few years (in Europe).

Quote Originally Posted by Cadster View Post
    Interesting!
    Would DAB work with this rtl-dab, i found on github?
    Possibly but user will have to build the application on their system. When I offer a plugin - to make life simple (for both user and myself) it is best that the supporting application is already available as a package in a repository somewhere for a variety of OS mainly Linux and Windows.

I have found a number of DAB player for RTL SDR -but so far no command line one which is readily available in a package for a number of platforms (e.g. arm, x86, Linux, Windows, MacOS). However Linux has include RTLSDR in Kernel - so I am now checking whether vlc/mplayer etc can be used as they can now do DVB-T on same stick.

FM is being phased-out in a few years (in Europe).
    Not in a few years - Now ! Norway shut down analogue FM in 2017. However DAB switchover has led to loss of audience (e.g. DAB receivers are expensive) so some countries are rethinking schedule. That said, 3G/4G/Wifi & Mobile devices as players - has changed things again.