Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Alarm is awful.

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Loom View Post
    Maybe the dimming bug isn't a bug, but a feature.

    It lights up your bedroom so much, you don't even get to sleep. Thus, no alarm is needed anymore ;-)
    Here's my fix for the dimmer problem (Release 1.0):

    http://ftldesign.com/images/Radio-Dimmer.jpg

    Bill

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    58
    I got the same annoying problem, 5 to 30 seconds of my chosen radio station - then default song. It usually makes me so mad that I can't sleep any longer... but this is not how I want to start my day! Why are new errors introduced every time a new firmware version is released?... please fix ASAP!

  3. #33
    I run Squeezebox Server on a Thecus N5200 Pro that is on 24/7. For me the alarm has worked correctly probably around 70% of the time, the other 30% of the time it plays the extremely irritating default noise. This morning for the first time ever, the alarm simply failed to go off.

    Not Good!

    Skier
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio x 2
    All run from a Thecus N5200Pro NAS hosting Squeezebox Server

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post

    Not Good!

    Skier
    Nice understatement!
    2 Booms, 1 radio, a touch and an SB3...think that's enough?

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    274
    Indeed I don't count the times when the alarm failed partly or completely any more. It's much simpler to count the times when it worked more or less ok. It's not like I need more than the fingers on one hand to count that in the last month(s). Honestly I can't remember when it worked completely flawlessly the last time. Must have been back in February or so.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •