Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

TinySBS and HDD.

I suspect the problems people are experiencing with USB powered harddrives is because of the powersupply to the SBT. I use an old powersupply from a PC, the 5v line can deliver 25A of power and I have never had any problem. When I read the posts on the matter, there also seem to be a connection between a large number of individual files on the drive and crashes. That could be an indication that the harddrive is starved powerwise, larger database = more HDD activity = more power is required. I do not know for sure, just a thought. My HDD is organized with 3 files pr. CD (1 Wav file,1 CUE file and 1 folder.jpg file) that reduces the total number of files as compaired to storing the CD's as individual tracks.
    I do have one problem though, when I use the HDD for other purposes and reconnect the HDD the database is corrupted and I have to do a rescan. So I don't do that anymore, since then....no problems for over a year now. HDD is a WD Elements Portable USB 3.0 1 TB.

Putty no https

Sorry to bring up this old post!
    I am setting up a used touch for a friend who is a computer dummy. i wanted to use the internal server to avoid having to install and servicing a NAS.
    Around 15000 files including album art led to frequent crashes of server. I tried to install a swap drive using putty just to see the address is no longer http://busybox.net/downloads/binarie...busybox-armv6l but is now https and putty obviously does not support this.
    I am definitely no Linux man, probably someone can help me out.
    THX

Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    Sorry to bring up this old post!
    I am setting up a used touch for a friend who is a computer dummy. i wanted to use the internal server to avoid having to install and servicing a NAS.
    Around 15000 files including album art led to frequent crashes of server. I tried to install a swap drive using putty just to see the address is no longer http://busybox.net/downloads/binarie...busybox-armv6l but is now https and putty obviously does not support this.
    I am definitely no Linux man, probably someone can help me out.
    THX
    Your best bet is to set up a Raspberry Pi as a server. I don't think many are happy with the built in server.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Your best bet is to set up a Raspberry Pi as a server. I don't think many are happy with the built in server.

Agree. I setup a "set and forget" LMS server for my brother. Simply connected via ethernet to his router, and rPi has USB drive attached containing music files. I recommend the rPi4B for use as a server, but rPi3B+ (or almost any rPi) is perfectly fine. 2GB ram is plenty.

I previously setup the Touch inbuilt LMS server for him. the rPi is much more idiot proof and stable.
    Last edited by garym; 2020-12-22 at 11:33.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

I was using TinyLMS on the Touch with an external powered hard drive and it worked most of the time, but TinyLMS would stop running for unknown reasons. When that hard drive failed a few months ago I knew I needed to set up an LMS server. I just purchased a raspberry pi 3B+ and set it up using the documentation on picoreplayer.org. I know NOTHING about linux, but I got it running. I had one small problem of not matching the lower/uppercase on one of the fields, but other than that one issue, I got it to work. Read the instructions carefully.

Gook luck.

Paul