Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unhappy SB Remote volume errors

I am running 7.5.1 absolutely fine for last 4 months playing all my music from my PC (SBS) through to my home stereo on a wireless network. I set the stereo volume level to 60 (out of 99) and use the SB Remote volume feature to adjust how loud I would like it by the pool. The other day I was out by the pool with my SB remote with the music on comfortably and suddenly the volume from the stereo speakers went unbelievably LOUD without any intervention with the SB Remote - the sound/music became completely distorted....I went for the SB Remote but its volume level was fine at 40 (where it normally is). I ran to the house to turn the master gain down on the stereo. Now anytime I use the SB Remote volume control I can increase the volume from MUTED to 2 but at 3 any music from the stereo speakers is distorted (and becomes more distorted as the SB Remote volume is increased) - this is regardless if the stereo master gain is at 20, 40 or 60. I shut down everything and restarted >> same problem still. I did a reinstall of s/w on the SB Server side and SB Remote side >> still same volume problem........what is left for me to do to troubleshoot??

Could it have damaged the speakers or even the amplifier? If you can swap them out for others and you still have the problem, then it would seem to be a hardware failure within the Receiver.

SB Volume Error

I have the self same problem,Duet was running perfectly until 7.5.1 update.Perhaps its a coincidence,but I have swapped the Duet receiver for a Mk3 Sqeezebox and the volume works perfectly. I strongly suspect the problem is with the duet receiver. Has any body else suffered this fault. Thanks Eddie.