Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I mean when unplug the Boom / switch the power off on the wall.

I did have an interesting development two days ago.
    The Boom was being especially difficult and hanging at various stages, either mid "step through network config" or at the connecting to QNAP/PC stage. I eventually gave up and just powered off the unit at the wall socket.

Two days later I got up the enthusiasm to try again and for the first time the Boom went straight to "Now Playing", it had setup the WiFi and connected to the music library with no prompts WOOOHOOO!

I'll keep this thread updated with my findings incase it helps anyone else. I still have to try the things I listed above to try and rule out WiFi interoperability issues.

Cheers

Alex

Just to clarify, I don't normally unplug it / turn it off at the wall socket but leave it on standby via the Duet remote or the IR remote.

Quote Originally Posted by abarnes View Post
    Two days later I got up the enthusiasm to try again and for the first time the Boom went straight to "Now Playing", it had setup the WiFi and connected to the music library with no prompts WOOOHOOO! ..........
    This is the normal and expected behavior from standby or completely powered off (unplugged).
    Why your Boom struggles to do this reliably is very strange.

Every time I unplug my boom "off the wall", I had to configure it again. Till now I thought, this is the normal behavior.
    LG
    Steve
    --------------------------------------------------
    3x SB Boom
    2x SB3 Classic
    SB Radio
    Controller
    2x Duett
    Touch
    an SqueezoboxServer 7.7.2 auf einem Scaleo WHS

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    This is the normal and expected behavior from standby or completely powered off (unplugged).
    Why your Boom struggles to do this reliably is very strange.
    Agree that you should NOT have to go through setup on powerup. I have a boom and touch at the weekend place, and I pull the plug when not there. They both bootup and go to now playing screen shortly thereafter without me doing anything.

I just came back from a long weekend away and on powering up my Boom it again went straight to "Now Playing".

Sorry to anyone that reads this thread with the same strange behaviour as I haven't got a clue why it was having problems before. I have no doubt it will happen again so will keep the thread updated.