Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 83 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    The problems I had seem to disapear....
    New server software is installed, Logitech media server 7.7.0, so is iOS 5.01 and I have shutdown any iCloud activity....

It looks like everything is back to normal again.

Naming Multiple Ipads

Downloaded and love the App. So much so my wife got her own. And here lies the problem. We keep setting music off on each other's ipad (we use your ipad as the player, walking around the house). I tried going to Settings- Squeezeboxname - calling Alex's Ipad, but when the App is switched off and switched back on the renaming disappears.

Am I doing something wrong?
    LMS 7.7.0r33614

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coppernob View Post
    Downloaded and love the App. So much so my wife got her own. And here lies the problem. We keep setting music off on each other's ipad (we use your ipad as the player, walking around the house). I tried going to Settings- Squeezeboxname - calling Alex's Ipad, but when the App is switched off and switched back on the renaming disappears.

Am I doing something wrong?
    LMS 7.7.0r33614

Thanks
    Hi Coppernob,
    SqueezePad always sets the name of the iPad and ignores changes to the name via the menu.

Why don't you just rename your own iPad to a unique name (this can be done in the Settings App of the iPad: General -> Info -> Name)
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post

Why don't you just rename your own iPad to a unique name (this can be done in the Settings App of the iPad: General -> Info -> Name)
    Thanks - that seems to have solved the problem!

Talking Thanks & Questions/Suggestions

Great Work Stefan - many thanks for this beautiful app!

A couple of questions/suggestions:

1) I like to play random tracks from a folder - I can do this from the squeezebox controller by picking a folder and pressing play if settings are random by song. I can't see how to do this with squeezepad.

2) Ultimate: can I access my music when I'm outside of my home LAN? I'd LOVE to be able to take my squeezepad on the road and have access to my music libary. That would be heaven!!!

Please excuse my ignorance - I may just not know how to do this stuff.

Thanks!

Buddhabreath

Hi Buddabreath

Quote Originally Posted by buddhabreath View Post
    1) I like to play random tracks from a folder - I can do this from the squeezebox controller by picking a folder and pressing play if settings are random by song. I can't see how to do this with squeezepad.
    It would surprise me, if SqueezePad does not play shuffled if you select a track from a folder as the server handles all this. If one the Controller you hit 'play' directly on the folder you can do the same in SqueezePad by doing a long press on the folder (and selecting 'play' from the context menu)
    Are you sure the player you selected currently had the random function turned on (you can with the icons in the control bar of SqueezePad).

2) Ultimate: can I access my music when I'm outside of my home LAN? I'd LOVE to be able to take my squeezepad on the road and have access to my music libary. That would be heaven!!!
    This is possible indeed.
    You need to forward port 9000 and 3483 on your router.

I didn't write dedicated instructions for SqueezePad, but if you look into my blog of my other playback App SqueezePlayer (http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2011/05...onnect-via-3g/) then the steps and instructions are virtually the same also for iPad remote streaming.
    And I tried hard to explain the whole topic as easy as possible (though networking not always is straightforward)
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Danke very much for the quick response (forgot to thank you).

Sure I can "random play" the folder - user incompetence there. Thanks again for the detailed networking information - can't wait to try it!

I'm really sorry for the dumb question but ever since I have stopped my home server and been relying on mysqueezebox.com the Squeezepad app can no longer discover any of my devices.

Thanks for any help. -Andy

Also I know this is the Squeezepad app but do you plan on changing this to a universal app ever?

Quote Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
    I'm really sorry for the dumb question but ever since I have stopped my home server and been relying on mysqueezebox.com the Squeezepad app can no longer discover any of my devices.

Thanks for any help. -Andy

Also I know this is the Squeezepad app but do you plan on changing this to a universal app ever?
    Settings button(lower right hand side). Then turn on "use mysb.com"
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Settings button(lower right hand side). Then turn on "use mysb.com"
    Perfect! Thank you much.