Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    Just hit or drag the new playlist button on the right and the playlist will move into view.
    Reorder the songs, remove them (swipe an entry) or just select which song you want to hear next.
    OK, that's really awesome. I love it.
    Dave
    Squeezeboxes: 3 (a.k.a. Classic), Duet, Boom

Smile

As to what comes next: the final most voted feature in my previous poll was album and artist list caching (covers included). As I just got a 2star rating in US by someone with a huge library who indeed complains that SqueezePad is just as slow as his Logitech box, guess now it's the right time.
    I need to take a short break now though. Worked too much in the night the last weeks.
    As for speed and caching: v 1.5 seems to be considerably quicker than v 1.4, so my former request for caching is not important anymore. I have a collection of 150,000 songs, 20,000+ artists etc and the artist list comes very quicly. The 2 star US rating is unbelievable, he must have a very slow computer! I use a mac mini server and this is much quicker than even a higher spec'ed windows machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ulvatne View Post
    The 2 star US rating is unbelievable, he must have a very slow computer!
    On a NAS with a big collection loading the albums list can easily take 30min or longer.
    You need to cache or to do paging if you want to support these kind of devices.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    On a NAS with a big collection loading the albums list can easily take 30min or longer.
    You need to cache or to do paging if you want to support these kind of devices.
    But come on. Then one shouldn't run on a NAS anymore.
    This will be a nightmare on any SqueezeBox Device as well, as SqueezePlay isn't caching as well (to my knowledge).

This particular user says it takes 60secs to load the artist list for a 12.000 track collection. This is 3x the size of my collection and I wait less than a second and I'm only running on a SheevaPlug.
    As this is a huge mismatch for me it looks like he runs on a hopeless undersized NAS for his collection.

Anyway - enough grumbling.
    As said caching was the next thing to do anyway.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

New playlist option

Hi bluegaspode

The new playlist option makes a HUGE difference to me, it works really well, especially with the context menu options which I wasn't expecting!

What with this and IPeng I haven't picked up the controller for some time.

Kantblue

But come on. Then one shouldn't run on a NAS anymore.
    This will be a nightmare on any SqueezeBox Device as well, as SqueezePlay isn't caching as well (to my knowledge).
    SqueezePlay is caching and SqueezePlay is also paging.
    It's still a nightmare, I agree, but there are thousands of people out there who use exactly this.
    BTW, the Touch with a big library is a similar case.
    This particular user says it takes 60secs to load the artist list for a 12.000 track collection. This is 3x the size of my collection and I wait less than a second and I'm only running on a SheevaPlug.
    Now that's interesting. 12.000 Tracks is about what I have and I would regard this a small to medium library.
    My albums list takes about 10s to load in SqueezePlug. I agree 60s for artists (which is faster than albums) sounds too long for that.
    But there are people with >100.000 track collections out there. I know of people who run that kind of library from a ResdyNAS.
    As this is a huge mismatch for me it looks like he runs on a hopeless undersized NAS for his collection.
    ReadyNAS. ReadyNAS is hopelessly undersized but I bet it's the most widely used NAS for the Squeezebox.
    Anyway - enough grumbling.
    As said caching was the next thing to do anyway.
    Good choice. I wonder when you will tackle the other big, big issue SqueezePlay IMHO has (and which makes me use it almost never due to complete inconvenience). The last one, btw., I think everything else is about taste, personal preferences and details.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Good choice. I wonder when you will tackle the other big, big issue SqueezePlay IMHO has (and which makes me use it almost never due to complete inconvenience). The last one, btw., I think everything else is about taste, personal preferences and details.
    I'm not aware of big big issues ? What are you referring to ?
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

I'm not aware of big big issues ? What are you referring to ?
    What do you get most questions in e-mails about?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

SqueezePlay is caching
    Are you talking about caching album covers ?

Or are you saying it also caches the menu contents ? I know it does paging but I thought it requested the menus from the server every time, at least that's how it looks like in my server logs. Or is this something new in 7.6 ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

I'm not 100% sure whether this is on the server or client side but menus load much faster when you reload it than whenever you open it the first time.
    I thought someone said it's being cached for a certain time. Would have to have at the code.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com