Announcing SqueezePad - the first dedicated iPad App to controll your SqueezeBoxen !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pippin
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by bluegaspode
    Strange. I don't have a napster account so I don't know how the server is generating the menu.
    For debugging purposes I'd need the
    - cometd-menu response for the album list
    - the cometd-request when you click an album
    - and as a reference the cometd request when you try the same album with squeezeplay.

Just attach the whole server log (with network.cometd-debugging enabled) and give me the album name as reference - i can figure out the rest myself I guess.
    Looks that server was a beta and pointed to test.mysb.com so Michael's assumption applies
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• achjimmy
      • Oct 2009

Hi looks like a great app, I am running 7.3 SC on a readyNas do I need to update it? Is the later versions stable?
      Squeezepad Fanboi

http://www.squeezepad.com/

Comment

• flattermann
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by achjimmy
        Hi looks like a great app, I am running 7.3 SC on a readyNas do I need to update it? Is the later versions stable?
        Yes, 7.4.3 and 7.5.1 are pretty stable.

SqueezePad probably needs at least SBS 7.4 because it uses the SqueezePlay menus in many places and these were not really supported in SBS 7.3.
        Christian

Home of SqueezeCommander - The SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android

Comment

• achjimmy
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by flattermann
          Yes, 7.4.3 and 7.5.1 are pretty stable.

SqueezePad probably needs at least SBS 7.4 because it uses the SqueezePlay menus in many places and these were not really supported in SBS 7.3.
          Thanks, I ll upgrade SC in the Nas. BTW I will have look on the NAS forum but does any one know if the upgrade link from within the NasDuo works or you gotta go through the process of removing the old version etc?

Jim
          Squeezepad Fanboi

Comment

• pippin
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by flattermann
            Oh yes, they were supported since 7.0!
            They did change quite a bit, though since 7.3...
            ---
            at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• gellie
              • Nov 2009

Finally a squeezebox remote app for my ipad! What took so long!

Comment

• bluegaspode
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by gellie
                Finally a squeezebox remote app for my ipad! What took so long!
                Me, having a family, a job, Plants vs. Zombies and only really having free time between 20:00 and 03:00
                Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
                Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
                Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
                Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

• bluegaspode
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by achjimmy
                  I'd recommend upgrading. Never tested against 7.3 and I am also not planning to currently.
                  Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
                  Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
                  Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

• bluegaspode
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by erland
                    Some additional enhancement requests. I know this list contains stuff that won't be implemented for a while and maybe never, I'm just posting it to give you some ideas how the application could be improved.
                    Thanks a lot its always good to get some inspiration - I'll definitely put it all in the backlog to analyse after the next major feature from the poll (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=80575) has been implemented.

I know its hard that in the poll you can only vote for exactly one feature ... but as I only have two hands its only fair that everyone has to cope with the tough decision.
                    At least: as as soon as the most wanted feature is implemented everyone will be allowed to vote for the second most important feature

Some comments though to some points:
                    Is there any chance you can implement support for artist images ?
                    This will be covered by option #1 "More images of your music collection" in my poll (my favourite by the way). I use your album flow applet together with artist images and they are really good indeed.

I somehow dream of an interface like the photos app starting when you click the album artwork - automatically fetching the Last.FM pictures of the current artist. Then while you are listening you can explore great concert pics and other matching fotos.

Viewing large images through Michael's Picture Gallery plugin doesn't seem to work, it's just sitting there and trying to load the image for ever. The thumbnails in the parent menu did work.
                    [...]
                    The "My Apps/Flickr" isn't able to display large images, nothing happens when you click on a thumbnail image.
                    This would also be covered with option #1 from the poll: When I have a screen to show (many) big pictures I would also show all 'slideshow-menus' in there.
                    There are some slideshows around here and there in SqueezePlay: in the Queen App, the Flickr App, your song-info context-menu on SqueezePlay enters a slideshow and I guess Michael's Picture Gallery is the same type as well.
                    Currently all these are just rendered like an album-menu: (too small) picture left, title right. Tapping currently does nothing.
                    So vote #1 to see this covered.

When implementing the context menu, it would be great if it was possible to launch it for both artist, album and track on the currently playing track.
                    It's currently implemented to show the playlist context-menu of the current playing song. All other options were too difficult because of all the different types of media that could be playing. Using the playlist context-menu entry is a nice generic solution.

It would be great to have some quick way to get to the top level menu or as an alternative have toolbar buttons to access the most important menus but that might clutter the interface a bit.
                    Long press on the menu-title gets you instantly back to the home menu (yeah its a bit hidden but covered in all descriptions I wrote). Two taps away are the artist + album list. One tap away the favourites.
                    I'm thinking of providing quick links to albums and artist but am yet afraid to clutter the interface. I just hate buttons around everywhere. Maybe some small panel which can move in from the bottom on demand.

The TrackStat menus provides three rows of data, only the two upper rows are shown, the play count row is never shown
                    This would be covered with option #6 from the poll "TrackStat Ratings"

Ideally, I would like a global search feature accessible from a magnifying glass icon somewhere on the screen [...]
                    vote for #9 "Better Search"

A album wall that displays all albums as small icons, similar as the the "Large Artwork" display option in the Albums menu in the SBS web interface.
                    vote for #8 "Album Art Only Screen"

When long text is displayed it shortens them with a "..." in the middle, would be great if there was some way to display the complete text.
                    Damn - if the iPad was a computer we had tooltips
                    Two other guys already mentioned that they don't like different font size.
                    One option would be to provide scrolling textfields everywhere which would solve these issues. I take your point as one more vote for such a solution.

Thanks again for all these suggestions !

Comment

• achjimmy
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by bluegaspode
                      I'd recommend upgrading. Never tested against 7.3 and I am also not planning to currently.
                      Yeah I might give it a go mate but there seems to be some issues with SC 7.5 slowing the NasDuo up considerably! For now ipeng is doing all I need, but I bought your app to help support you, good luck.

Jim
                      Last edited by achjimmy; 2010-07-23, 15:28.
                      Squeezepad Fanboi

Comment

• bluegaspode
                        • Jul 2009

Is it working at all with 7.3 ? Or no success ?

Comment

• kesey
                          • Mar 2007

Squeezepad does not pick up my Touch on 7.6

Hi bluegaspode, congrats on getting the app out for the iPad.

It has picked up my Squeezebox Boom, but there's no sign of my Squeezebox Touch: Squeezepad only picks up 1 player, of the 2 listed below.

Version: 7.6.0 - r31084 @ Wed Jul 21 02:04:34 PDT 2010
                          Hostname: debian
                          IP: 192.168.15.110
                          HTTP Port: 9000
                          Platform: armv5tel-linux
                          Perl Version: 5.10.1 - arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi
                          Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.29 (sqlite 3.6.22)
                          Total Players Recognized: 2

How do I get Squeezepad to find my Touch? I can't find anything on your menus to get Squeezepad to do a search.

Otherwise, Squeezepad is working fine - it is a little unexciting as yet but I hope that over time you will develop it to make more use of the iPad's capabilities.

Update: I turned on the Touch manually with its remote, restarted Squeezepad (having confirmed in the meantime that iPeng was picking up both players), and it then found both the Boom and the Touch. The place to look is under Settings, Advanced, Squeezebox Information.

Note: I find all the right flicking to be a right nuisance. Most apps will respond to a gentle flick. Is a side benefit major muscle development of the fingers?
                          Last edited by kesey; 2010-07-23, 13:46.

Comment

• bluegaspode
                            • Jul 2009

Good to hear you got it working !
                            If a device is (completely) off for a longer time it isn't registered with the server anymore (happens to me sometimes with the Controller when it shuts off). If you turn it on then it should appear again in the menu - a restart shouldn't be necessary (but of course sometimes still helps).

But the Touch actually should only be in Soft-Off I guess and never disappear.
                            Please observe the behaviour - if it happens again please check:
                            - is it still showing on the WebUI (if not it won't be visible in SqueezePad as well) ?

Originally posted by kesey
                            Note: I find all the right flicking to be a right nuisance. Most apps will respond to a gentle flick. Is a side benefit major muscle development of the fingers?
                            Hmm- I'm using the official Apple API to recognize the swipe gestures - there's nothing to finetune to recognize a 'gentle' flick .
                            The first bugfix version which will be submitted to Apple soon will allow you to tap the title of a menu if you don't like swiping. Also remember that a long press (already in the current version) will go directly to the home menu, which might make some swipes unecessary.

Comment

• pippin
                              • Oct 2007

I've had an issue with 7.6, too, a few times when some players were only being reported in the serverstatus but never delivered a playerstatus although they were fully connected and even playing.
                              They were reported by the Web UI but neither iPeng nor my Controller could use them.
                              Restarting the server fixed it.

Edit: I see iPeng reported the players, then it must be a different issue.
                              Last edited by pippin; 2010-07-23, 14:35.
                              ---
                              at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• bluegaspode
                                • Jul 2009

I'm watching serverstatus messages only (for the list of players). So if players are connected to a different server than the one configured in SqueezePad I wouldn't show them (maybe the Touch was connected to MySB.com or its own internal server ?).

Anyway - I don't officially support the 7.6 beta server yet, so I can always take this as an excuse for every strange side effect

Comment

Working...