Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1329

Playback error

No? No one recognizes this error message from SqueezePad?

nitram
    Allo Sparky, LMS 7.9.2 > Piano 2.1 + Kali, Max2Play > AudioEngine 5
    Squeezebox Classic, synchronized
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng
    Airplay Bridge > SONY-SRS-X7 speaker

Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    No? No one recognizes this error message from SqueezePad?

nitram
    This is not an error of SqueezePad, but something seems to be wrong with your audio-files.
    At least LMS transcoder is not able to read it correctly.

If you have any program, that is still able to open them, I suggest to save them again.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Playback error

What I meant was that SqueezePad is displaying an error message:

Playback Error
    Audio playback failed
    Parse bites failed. err: optm

You're suggesting that this message indicates that the LMS transcoder is not recognizing the files, or the file format? As I mentioned in my original post, the files play fine when the hard drive is connected to a laptop. And both LMS and SqueezePad are able to display the tags and other information about these files.
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng

But when you say "plug the drive into the laptop", then not LMS but some other software is playing the file, right?

Google shows the following entry: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...g-in-iphone-sd
    It suggest that this is a playback problem from iOS, but the cause is an invalid (or not optimized) stream (for whatever that means).
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Feedback error

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    But when you say "plug the drive into the laptop", then not LMS but some other software is playing the file, right?
    Right, my point was that these files are evidently not corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    Google shows the following entry: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...g-in-iphone-sd
    It suggest that this is a playback problem from iOS, but the cause is an invalid (or not optimized) stream (for whatever that means).
    Yes, I see what you mean: it is iOS that is generating the error message, not SqueezePad. But that's a bit confusing, since these files don't play on any of my devices, including LMS directly (via the AlloSparky hardware, obviously) into powered speakers. No iOS involved there!
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng

This thread seems to indicate that the header is not at the beginning of the file. I will try your suggestion of saving the files again...

<https://github.com/tumtumtum/StreamingKit/issues/84>
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng

Yup, I 'converted' the files again using Max, and now they play fine!

Thanks bluegaspode
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng

One stupid question

How do I disable cover arts that are displayed in front of the files while browsing my music folder (not browing any databank, just plain folder browsing)? I guess it is in the server settings? But where?

Here is the deal: I recently switched from an old server running LMS 7.7 or something to a new one with 7.9 and ever since I have those stupid cover art before the file name when browing my music folder. This is especially annoying since some files have a cover art and some not... that is the art work that is included in id3.

I just want to browse files without any stupid cover art ruining it and the formating of the file list

So far, the only help I discovered is manually removing cover art from the ID tags, which is a pain in the ass when you have thousends of files
    Last edited by Surfer74; 2018-02-01 at 09:05.

I've got a problem with squeezepad 1.11.4 on ipad using ios 10.3.3.

After a short time the keyboard lags and the app becomes impossible to use without restarting.

I've tested it on two different ipads.

I'd mentioned it here, but so far no response

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ght=Squeezepad
    Last edited by mandryka; 2018-05-28 at 07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by mandryka View Post
    I've got a problem with squeezepad 1.11.4 on ipad using ios 10.3.3.

After a short time the keyboard lags and the app becomes impossible to use without restarting.

I've tested it on two different ipads.

I'd mentioned it here, but so far no response

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ght=Squeezepad
    Due to Apples policies regarding iOS upgrades, I'm not able to test this on iOS 10 anymore.
    Does the same problem also happens with iOS11?

What types of iPad are you using? Jailbreak? What did you do in the App, before the lags are starting?

Personally I don't think this has to do with the keyboard, but anything else in the background.